What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My dad’s a New Belgium fan boy so I’ll drink a few of his beers for a while...

693BCAC7-A542-4C9D-AA79-E47EA406B717.jpeg

HB Christmas ale 2017 stock, Damn it came out good! Like Sam Adams Old Fezziweg only higher abv. Spices have really mellowed over 2 years. Bottled and cellered Nov 2017. Drank most and saved a few to crack this Holiday. Go LSU!View attachment 651914

Love the bottle and label!!

HB Old Ale
IMG_7278.JPG

Great yeast to culture! I did so from their amber and it has been my house yeast other than Belgians for ~6 years now, same culture just built and separated over and over

Also at retail as imperial A62

Yeah. I called my LHBS today today to see if they had any in stock. The dude on the phone kept insisting it was A01 that I wanted......so......I thought I’d drink 3 tonight and culture for a few days/split and hopefully pitch by Friday

Bought 2 of those years ago..maybe 6/7. Still holding on to then..probably regret it!
I’ve had this one in the fridge since mid-summer hoping to share it with the man of the house, so decided to have it tonight and just happened to notice the date printed. It doesn’t taste particularly spiced, but the beer is decent with character from the yeast.

View attachment 651552
My youngest is a bad influence. We stopped at a bottle shop (my favorite) after her lacrosse practice since we were already out that way. I wanted to get a few new beers (singles usually). She would point out the beers she thought I should get based on the label design. Then she saw Sue and said I should get a can. I said “It’s a really good beer but I’ve had it before and just got a can recently”. She then replied “Since it’s really good, you should get a box of it” meaning a 4-pack. She then grabbed a 4-pack to put in the basket. Who am I to say no to her?
Every time I see Sue I can’t help but think of @LoneTreeFarms, for he introduced me to Sue for the first time as well as other TG beers! To that I say, Thank You to @LoneTreeFarms.

Glad I can help make memories with your little one!! I’m back on the site after a few days hiatus. Farming is done so I’m back to my regular second job (drinking).

IMG_5646.JPG

Cheers

Yeah. I called my LHBS today today to see if they had any in stock. The dude on the phone kept insisting it was A01 that I wanted......so......I thought I’d drink 3 tonight and culture for a few days/split and hopefully pitch by Friday

Could be worse things to drink!
So bourbon and bed

Back