What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beer from @LoneTreeFarms, glass from @PianoMan. They didn’t hide the alcohol in this one!
76DF27F2-63C8-47A2-833C-AC8787B4EC38.jpeg

This one is kind of awful. Very overpowering flower flavor. @buckinin and I both regularly brew a lemon/lavender saison that is much more balanced than this one and super delicious. Great fermentation’s sells the kit Hippie Farm saison if you want to brew it! It’s going to be hard to drink the 16oz can of this.

Ahhh I might just have to look into that. Never ordered from them, but maybe I’ll try to whip up a small trial. Thanks!

Ahhh I might just have to look into that. Never ordered from them, but maybe I’ll try to whip up a small trial. Thanks!

They post the recipe on their website as part of the instructions so it’s possible to grab the ingredients elsewhere if you’d rather go that route.

I used to live in Indy and appreciated Great Fermentation’s in person customer service and have had good experiences ordering from them online since moving away. I’d definitely recommend them as a HBS.

They post the recipe on their website as part of the instructions so it’s possible to grab the ingredients elsewhere if you’d rather go that route.

I used to live in Indy and appreciated Great Fermentation’s in person customer service and have had good experiences ordering from them online since moving away. I’d definitely recommend them as a HBS.

Hah yeah I actually browsed and saw the recipe while I was manning the grill. I hate stealing kit recipes off retailers that are cool enough to post them, but often times the grains are milled together and I max out at 2.5gallons.

Here's an experiment from the cellar. One of the first bottles I bought when I started getting serious about cellaring. I figured barral aged in oak would be a good start. Recently discovered that it's pasteurized and Bavik was very nice and quick to respond on giving me a response and the age of the bottle. 10 years old. Good carbonation and still has oak aroma. Past prime but not dumpable. Oddly there's a large medallion of trub at the bottom. More room in the cellar
IMG_20190727_210816.jpeg
IMG_20190727_210838.jpeg
IMG_20190727_211819.jpeg

Hah yeah I actually browsed and saw the recipe while I was manning the grill. I hate stealing kit recipes off retailers that are cool enough to post them, but often times the grains are milled together and I max out at 2.5gallons.

My current keg is a little low so this recipe might be next for me. I’ll order from them if it makes you feel better to use their recipe. :)

Here’s one now! Hb lemon lavender saison
image.jpg

Enjoying a nice cold one from @fourfarthing. Light and refreshing with the Pilsner malt. Had I not just harvested a bunch of basil I might be able to give some notes. [emoji23]

Very tasty though. I’ll snap a shot with the real rebel on the next bottle.

Thanks for sending this over, captain.

IMG_5792.JPG

Back