What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My RVA in-laws are up visiting. So it’s fitting to drink beer and watch UVA

Beer is Riverwalk Data Driven Decisions.

IMG_3616.JPG

Been dealing with these ulcers for probably 7-10yrs now, but they became debilitating maybe 3-4yrs ago. Went through some tests then, but they came back as if there was no problem. Took an endoscopy and pooping in a pill bottle to track down the issue(s) - bacteria gut infection caused by duodenal ulcers (still there). Been on Omeprazole for 3-4-5 months now? Been on Ondansetron for probably three years now (as needed). I need a gut transplant...if that were a thing.

...Coke...baby Coke (probably does more damage than beer and spicy food combined)

I’ve been in omeprazole for 15+ years. I tried to switch to something else and nothing cuts it. It’s sucks. If I miss a dose I’m in so much pain, so I feel ya!
Good luck bud!

I am drinking my very last drop of homebrew :( Belgian Tripel brewed Feb 2018, a 10% abv schnoker. The bowl glass distorts the image, but it is bright clear after sitting all this time.

I brewed a NEIPA last weekend, still a couple weeks away from it being carbed in the keg. I might have to go buy some beer...

Interesting to hear. I thought they don't like you on these for long periods of time because of potential bone issues in the long term. Pretty sure I've done irreversible damage to my digestive system, so we'll see. If I could get Ondansetron on a regular basis without fighting tooth, nail, doctor, insurance, and everyone bwtwbet I'd be in Heaven. That's a godsend, but I don't have cancer, and I am not pregnant.

Sorry to hear that. Omeprazole here too, but for gerd. Comes with the getting old territory.

Omeprazole is amazing. Been on it almost 20 years. Couldn’t drink beer or eat spicy food without it. Which is good because I do both almost daily.

I’ve been in omeprazole for 15+ years. I tried to switch to something else and nothing cuts it. It’s sucks. If I miss a dose I’m in so much pain, so I feel ya!
Good luck bud!

Been dealing with these ulcers for probably 7-10yrs now, but they became debilitating maybe 3-4yrs ago. Went through some tests then, but they came back as if there was no problem. Took an endoscopy and pooping in a pill bottle to track down the issue(s) - bacteria gut infection caused by duodenal ulcers (still there). Been on Omeprazole for 3-4-5 months now? Been on Ondansetron for probably three years now (as needed). I need a gut transplant...if that were a thing.

...Coke...baby Coke (probably does more damage than beer and spicy food combined)
View attachment 619919
Sorry to hear about your issues...but on a positive note I love how you encapsulated that can of coke in all its beauty!!! Well done!!

Interesting to hear. I thought they don't like you on these for long periods of time because of potential bone issues in the long term. Pretty sure I've done irreversible damage to my digestive system, so we'll see. If I could get Ondansetron on a regular basis without fighting tooth, nail, doctor, insurance, and everyone bwtwbet I'd be in Heaven. That's a godsend, but I don't have cancer, and I am not pregnant.

I’ve never heard from a doctor any worrisome side effects. Internet suggests some things but not “trusted” sources

With that said, GERD can ruin your esophagus so in this case it’s a risk/benefit balance.

Homemade moonshine lemonade. Clear moonshine made from a local distillery that uses only blueberries for mash and it's some smooth stuff. Fresh squeezed lemon with a splash of agave and carbonated water!
1554005352714~2.jpeg

I'm having coffee made from the beans of a local coffee shop that roast their own called the coffee coffee shop of horrors. Bourbon spice infused! Its amazing [emoji3]
20190331_103342.jpeg
20190331_103751.jpeg

Latest posts

Back