What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same beer, different light source

HB based on the Resilience recipe, with a few changes
20181223_183439.jpeg
20181223_183434.jpeg

Cracked open my very first brew. Elderflower Saison. Can't say I taste or smell the elderflower at all. But overall nice crisp, lightly carbonated beer. Happy with that. The bitterness is fairly medium it was rated at 20 IBU's it has a sour tang which I didn't expect and plenty of esters but tastes nice and refreshing for a summer beer. For a first effort I'm happy especially as I made up my own recipe. Came out about 5% ABV. It was cold crashed for a week but looked super clear once bottled at room temp. Cold haze I guess?
IMG_0641.jpg

Cracked open my very first brew. Elderflower Saison. Can't say I taste or smell the elderflower at all. But overall nice crisp, lightly carbonated beer. Happy with that. The bitterness is fairly medium it was rated at 20 IBU's it has a sour tang which I didn't expect and plenty of esters but tastes nice and refreshing for a summer beer. For a first effort I'm happy especially as I made up my own recipe. Came out about 5% ABV. It was cold crashed for a week but looked super clear once bottled at room temp. Cold haze I guess?
IMG_0641.jpg

Congrats, looks tasty. Check out the FotHB thread that should pop up next month, I think. It's in the sampling subforum.

Back