What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last of the first case of homebrew and some mostly smoked(hickory chunks & lump charcoal) burgers with pepperjack cheese.

11gq939.jpg

Just getting home from WizardCon...finishing a Cherry Coke Zero. Feet ache and I'm ready for a nap. Maybe beer later. Who #10

IMG_20150315_160930214.jpg

My first homebrew in 3 years: was supposed to be a black ipa, but didnt get as dark as id hoped. Its still brown around the edges at light, so.... cascadian dark ale? Tastes good, just needs more carb. Its only been in bottle for a week, im getting impatient.

Edit: my apologies for the image being rotated. I submitted this via my phone and the image was upright when i uploaded it.

20150315_171055.jpg

More tinny than that pop top can?

Honestly yes. The pop top beer was very thick and had a strong vanilla thing going on. It was really nothing like beer at all... But nothing was all that bad I guess. It was not the worst thing I've poured down the drain. 1983 point special badged as old cars beer is still better than anything from helms. Lol.

What an intersting take on the milk stout profile. How is it?

The mouthfeel and coffee reminds me of a stout, the only "roast" quality I get seems to be from the coffee. I couldn't drink more than one if these. Maybe like an Old Ale with coffee and lactose added? Definitely worth a try if you see one.

Hard cider spiced to high heaven, with home soaked bourbon added. What's with all the babies on the way? SWMBO is gonna go into labor any day now. Maybe this homebrew really is an aphrodisiac?

I'm watching. Nice physical game so far. All is good after watching my wings redeem themselves from the ass kicking they took yesterday.

Only in hockey does pouncing on another player and punching him on the ground earn only a minor 2 min penalty, not even a major, let alone ejection as it would in any other sport that's not combat-related (and even then).

Back