What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2013 Le Terrior, still has peachy/mango notes from the dry hopping. Not as good as when it was fresh but still very enjoyable!

An old ass (probably from 12 months back) Mission IPA. couldn't find a date on the bottle so just wrote old. :D
3 hours in urgent care & I have a stress fracture. Mama is coming tomorrow so I'm bummed that I'll have to take time away from her to see an orthopedist.
View attachment 237794

I haven't looked back to see if you said how, but dayum! Sorry to hear that!!!

Rainy day here, but still a nice view. Coffee for now...beers are chilling.

Attachments

• IMAG3914.jpg
    IMAG3914.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 64
I haven't looked back to see if you said how, but dayum! Sorry to hear that!!!

Rainy day here, but still a nice view. Coffee for now...beers are chilling.

It happened Tuesday jogging, or as I call it, slogging (slow jog). I figured after I dropped 40 pounds I would start jogging part way through my walks with the dog. I thought I just aggervated a tendon but yesterday was tough so I went in. I have to pick up a boot tomorrow then see the orthopedist after the holiday. I may just go before. For now I have a house to clean and a room to paint...and football to watch. :D I'm going to be totally fine. Just annoyed that it happened. I should know better.

Second pour of the DIPA

An old ass (probably from 12 months back) Mission IPA. couldn't find a date on the bottle so just wrote old. :D
3 hours in urgent care & I have a stress fracture. Mama is coming tomorrow so I'm bummed that I'll have to take time away from her to see an orthopedist.
View attachment 237794

That sucks, heal up and feel better.

Some crap that doesn't deserve a picture.

It has become clear that my buddy does not drink as much of our homebrew as I do.

Good news - 1+ year old saison is better now than it was then. Bad news - IPA's still don't age well.

Bottling done, heading home.

Drinking the dregs from my bottling bucket. So somewhere along the lines it got infected. No visual infection. Something turned it funky. My guess it brett I used a few batches back. And really I think this beer will be better than I planned. It tastes great now. Almost a fruity roasty Flanders. With the nose of a conan ipa.

I have not had a beer all day. Lots of coffee and lots of water. Right now a coke with a burger. Might go to bed early.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

An East Coast Cascade American Amber...limited glassware selections, but I can adapt. Nice color, balanced malt with local hops. A little tang to it. Nice.

IMAG3917.jpg

That sucks, heal up and feel better.

Some crap that doesn't deserve a picture.
Haha the beer was still pretty good.
What's the green stuff?
Get better, @Hello.

View attachment 237810

Having a bottle of homer ****. Cause that's what I do.

Thanks man. :)
I just installed new shower heads and I'm happy the water pressure will be better for my mom in the guest bathroom.

About to crack Into Remmy's & Dave's nut brown and porter mix (right?) gotta try to be good as I have to get dog from boarding soon.

image.jpg

Haha the beer was still pretty good.

What's the green stuff?

Thanks man. :)
I just installed new shower heads and I'm happy the water pressure will be better for my mom in the guest bathroom.

About to crack Into Remmy's & Dave's nut brown and porter mix (right?) gotta try to be good as I have to get dog from boarding soon.

View attachment 237813

Fried sage leave, topping for Chicken Saltimbocca.

Coke. It goes with General Tso chicken.

The wife and kids are gone for 12 days to the in-laws. I couldn't get time off.

I slept 15 hours last night. Probably the best sleep I have had in 5 years.

I think I might get into the Big Box of Yum from @TheMan tonight and ponder the next target.

Fried sage leave, topping for Chicken Saltimbocca.

I don't know what saltimbocca is, but I want it.

Hydro samples of my cider and pumpkin porter. I need to now go back to reading about stabilizing cider for my keg. It's for my mama

I don't know what saltimbocca is, but I want it.

Hydro samples of my cider and pumpkin porter. I need to now go back to reading about stabilizing cider for my keg. It's for my mama

Last time I kegged a cider I didn't bother stabilizing it, keg has plenty of protection, it will slowly dry out more, mine was on tap for quite a while and only got better IMO.

To those of you that have made sours...I got about 2.5 gallons of wort that I'm going to make a sour stout out of. I've been feeding some dregs for about a couple of weeks. Should I ferment first with S04 and then pitch the dregs after the 04 is done or just ferment completely with the dregs? OG is 1.051.

Drinking some coffee while contemplating what to do.

To those of you that have made sours...I got about 2.5 gallons of wort that I'm going to make a sour stout out of. I've been feeding some dregs for about a couple of weeks. Should I ferment first with S04 and then pitch the dregs after the 04 is done or just ferment completely with the dregs? OG is 1.051.

Drinking some coffee while contemplating what to do.

You can do either method. I have. Did you make a starter for the dregs? Id make sure I have enough to get the job done.

Latest posts

Back