What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It didn't gush when you opened it, right?
I may not have told you, let it warm and you get the vanilla and less of that spice. The spice is upfront when it is colder. Cardamon is tough and the creme brûlée clone recipe said 1 TSP...comments that I read after the fact said 1/4 TSP tops. It's a failed clone attempt but there are 5 beans and 2.5 TSP of vanilla extract added at bottling. The spice just took away from that when cold. I am glad you liked it enough to drink it. :)

I actually drank the first one pretty cold and it did ooze a little...I wouldn't call it "gush" really...but I was ready! I left the bottle out to warm a little while I drank the first pour. You're right, the vanilla was more noticeable in the second pour. I wonder if the cardamom was what my uneducated palate interpreted as "fruity"? Because that was less pronounced later. And once the head settled, the carb was fine with a couple of swirls. It may not have been the clone you were after, but it certainly was not a failure...I drank and enjoyed every bit of it!

Just finished a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte that I bought while grocery shopping. Yeah...I buy into the seasonal pumpkin crap...and love it. Moving on to Coke Zero.

House pale ale at a brewpub, having lunch with SWMBO.

1414172277178.jpg

Coff #3 as I prep my liver for another afternoon and evening of beer with nuke.

I don't know what's going on today but I heard a baby this morning and no one was home. Also heard a big knock in the cellar. So, I went downstairs with the equalizer but didn't see anyone there. I know I'm not drunk. I might be going crazy.

Did you buy the house new? You might want to do a little research and call one of them there Ghostbustery teams!

Coke Zero.

Did you buy the house new? You might want to do a little research and call one of them there Ghostbustery teams!

Coke Zero.

No, the house was about 10-years old. And the original owners (who I bought the home from) were about 15 years older than I am. They have a 9-year old and a 12-year old. So, I'm guessing no one died in this house. It was weird, though. I don't think I've ever heard anything like that before, especially the baby sound. I've heard other "booms" before like when a picture frame fell off of the wall in the foyer at 4 a.m. I walked downstairs like I was in the show COPS. Shoot first, ask questions later. :D

I need another beer before I go drinking.

And I have made a decision on the JK. I've had La Vie en Rose (batch #2) before.

Coke Zero.

No, the house was about 10-years old. And the original owners (who I bought the home from) were about 15 years older than I am. They have a 9-year old and a 12-year old. So, I'm guessing no one died in this house. It was weird, though. I don't think I've ever heard anything like that before, especially the baby sound. I've heard other "booms" before like when a picture frame fell off of the wall in the foyer at 4 a.m. I walked downstairs like I was in the show COPS. Shoot first, ask questions later. :D

Anyone -- Tyson, Jordan, Jackson
Action, pack guns, ridiculous.

And I have made a decision on the JK. I've had La Vie en Rose (batch #2) before.

i need them tho.

I had Fat-tener #2 when they still had the small place before NEBCO became famous and had 4-hour lines. I'll let you wait in line and you can bring me some, though. :D There's better beer at my house right now. Come through.

Nice. And my wife fussed about me planting 4 plants. She said it looked "ghetto" i told her we live amongst farmland woman and it's an agricultural product. Lol I do love that woman though.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Yea check out my thread. Our structure is massive. It's pretty much the biggest wooden trellis anyone has ever seen

Terrible brew day. Low mash temp, can't get it to increase. Thinking I should sparge with hotter water. Frustrated.

Anyone -- Tyson, Jordan, Jackson
Action, pack guns, ridiculous.

Revolutionary War battlefield? Indian burial grounds? Former site of old farmhouse? Actually...any cats in the area that might be fighting? I've heard a couple of those and I swear it sounds like a baby crying...dunno why, but it's creepy as hell!

Going back to the coffee for a little while...ooh, I have a pumpkin spice keurig k cup that I swiped from the kids' orthodontist! With what he's making off us, it ain't no problem!

DC on his way to JK tomorrow...

Pretty much. it'll be a pain Sunday because he wants to get home early. I'm not going to take a while but he is going to go with it. Like today, I should be about to head to Austin but now I have to wait on him to finish some testing. Thats one reason I travel alone. I do not have to wait for no one and I can do what i want :p

Pretty much. it'll be a pain Sunday because he wants to get home early. I'm not going to take a while but he is going to go with it. Like today, I should be about to head to Austin but now I have to wait on him to finish some testing. Thats one reason I travel alone. I do not have to wait for no one and I can do what i want :p

Jeeze wes, hurry up and finish testing that summer ale!

Sacked out early last night and left this phone at home when I left for work today. There are about a hundred post I will never see. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414185942.111791.jpg

Glad it is Friday. Lots of beer is going down tonight.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414186447.583234.jpg

It is either infected or there is something missing from the label. Taste like a Belgian.

Just cleaned a bucket of bottles. So I deserve this while cooking dinner.
View attachment 231415

Nice and tart. I'd describe all the citrusy and tarty flavors but I want to eat before midnight. ;)

You like? When I picked it up for you it was the last on the shelf. Haven't seen another around here since. I had some conditioned with mango at JK. I really wish they would've bottled that one.

Back