What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glenmorangie 12 while watching Archer and knocking out some work.

PICT0063.jpg

What do you think of them? They seem to be hit and miss. I'm reluctant to spend the $ when some of their stuff is just meh.

First I have had from them but I thought this was a really good beer. Oak came out as it warmed up but wasnt over the top. I guess some would say it was kind of bland but I found it a good balance of everything.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Home Brew mobile app

I have a bottle of that sitting in my cellar. Love a sour cherry Manhattan. Does it need age or drink it soon?

I had a bottle a few months ago. From what hello described I'd pretty spot on from what I experienced. I was hoping for more cherry flavor but it was almost non existent. Maybe some age will do it better. Bottles just sit on shelves here so I may grab another one to see if I have a different opinion.

Sadly....just a coke zero......have given up weekday drinking!.......for a month or so!......need to be In a bikini in just over a month!......come on Friday......need a glass (read bottle) of Pinot Grigio!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Sadly....just a coke zero......have given up weekday drinking!.......for a month or so!......need to be In a bikini in just over a month!......come on Friday......need a glass (read bottle) of Pinot Grigio!

I take it you have a warm weather vacation coming up? I was supposed to go on a cruise in March. Turns out it was the same exact Royal Caribbean ship that people are having the Out-both-ends ailment right now.

Another HB Breakfast stout

I take it you have a warm weather vacation coming up? I was supposed to go on a cruise in March. Turns out it was the same exact Royal Caribbean ship that people are having the Out-both-ends ailment right now.

Another HB Breakfast stout

I am on a Royal cruise in March......what ship has the issues right now?

Brainless on peaches. Not quite what I thought it would be but still tasty. I had seen several things saying it was sour but I am getting more funk than sour

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Home Brew mobile app

Are you hunkered down at that hotel bar for the night, or do you want some recommendations on some good craft beer spots?

I am definitely open to any good craft beer recommendations you have. If I don't make it further than the bar tonight, I will have some time tomorrow.

Sent from my Desire HD using Home Brew mobile app

We are on the Independence!....and with the cold weather we are having at the moment....the cruise can't get here soon enough....well....7 more pounds would be nice first....but man I would love a glass of wine!..boo to diets!

Maybe if you call up and kindly 'express your concerns' you may get some money back. I am sure they are in damage control mode currently. Though I am not one to game the system.

Maybe I am an enabler, maybe I am a bad influence, but one glass won't bust your diet would it? If you want to kill a diet, hang out in the meat smoking section or the What are you cooking this weekend threads. If you havent been on a cruise yet, enjoy yourself. It is a great time.

I'll never give up weekday drinking. I workout too hard not to be able to treat myself to a beer or six on a weeknight. Summer is around the corner. Beer is not the problem - one's diet normally is. Stop slackin'.

Bottled my black ale. Time for another beer.

I'll never give up weekday drinking. I workout too hard not to be able to treat myself to a beer or six on a weeknight. Summer is around the corner. Beer is not the problem - one's diet normally is. Stop slackin'.

"There is food in the beer. There is no beer in the food."

-Jim Koch, Sam Adams

"Stay thirsty, my friend"

-The most intersting man in the world (I guess)

images

I am definitely open to any good craft beer recommendations you have. If I don't make it further than the bar tonight, I will have some time tomorrow.

Sent from my Desire HD using Home Brew mobile app

Not sure where your hotel is, but here's some recommendations:

Metro-friendly spots:

Right Proper brewpub (Shaw metro)
Pizzeria Paradiso, Scion, Big Hunt (Dupont metro)
Meridian Pint (Columbia Heights metro)
RFD (Chinatown metro)
Belga Cafe (for belgian beers, Eastern Market metro)

Not as metro-friendly:

Churchkey (Logan Circle)
Smoke & Barrel, Black Squirrel (Adams Morgan)
Granville Moore's (H St)

Trust me....diet has been appropriately scaled back.....and the exercise has increased to daily!.....I just a few good bikini pics.....so a month I can hold out......then yay to me for my nightly wine!

Maybe if you call up and kindly 'express your concerns' you may get some money back. I am sure they are in damage control mode currently. Though I am not one to game the system.

Maybe I am an enabler, maybe I am a bad influence, but one glass won't bust your diet would it? If you want to kill a diet, hang out in the meat smoking section or the What are you cooking this weekend threads. If you havent been on a cruise yet, enjoy yourself. It is a great time.

This will be our second cruise!....did the Allure a while back!

I have a bottle of that sitting in my cellar. Love a sour cherry Manhattan. Does it need age or drink it soon?

I had a bottle a few months ago. From what hello described I'd pretty spot on from what I experienced. I was hoping for more cherry flavor but it was almost non existent. Maybe some age will do it better. Bottles just sit on shelves here so I may grab another one to see if I have a different opinion.

I'd drink it now and grab one to cellar. I don't know if you'll get more cherry later but it's a super mellow imperial stout.

Metro-friendly spots:

RFD (Chinatown metro)

Not as metro-friendly:

Churchkey (Logan Circle)
Granville Moore's (H St)

Many Thanks! :mug: I am in the Crystal City area, and I will have to check out the ones close by.

Trust me....diet has been appropriately scaled back.....and the exercise has increased to daily!.....I just a few good bikini pics.....so a month I can hold out......then yay to me for my nightly wine!

Feel free to post bikini pics. Just make sure you're holding a beer so it's topical.:mug:

Metro-friendly spots:

RFD (Chinatown metro)

Not as metro-friendly:

Churchkey (Logan Circle)
Granville Moore's (H St)

Also, a big fan of the NOVA (not really but still kinda Metro-ish accessible) Mad Fox. Will second Pizza Paradiso and Meridian Pint. Need to make it to Smoke & Barrel and Black Squirrel. There is a bus from the U Street metro that gets into Adams Morgan.

Water for the remainder of the evening. I'm on a diet, ya know.

Some sleep is what I really need.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1391042993.935201.jpg
A friends excellent iipa, doubly excellent as it's 9.6abv. Had a couple of days that remind me why I hate most people, but love the ones I love so much. Working on some recipes. East Tennessee clubs are getting together for a lager comp and I picked up a big jar of slurry from my local today. Baltic porter, CAP, and IPL are in the works.

Back