What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2017 Trader Joe's annual spiced dark ale. Medium body, dark fruit, just a touch of black licorice, very subtle spice, 9% abv. No recollection of what it was like in '17 so can't compare, but this is a good beer.
IMG_20240213_181326649.jpg

Bigfoot Barleywine 2024. I picked up my sixer yesterday. One is getting drank now, and the rest go down for a while. This year is surprisingly drinkable fresh. It has IPA bitterness and hop flavor, but still is big and malty. It hides the size and isn’t as heavy as you’d expect. This will still be nice with a little age.

Attachments

• IMG_0129.jpeg
    IMG_0129.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Spyglass

Fuzzier Logic with ham and brie panini

Fuzzier Logic 8.2% Double IPA

Hopped with Citra, Nelson Sauvin, and Galaxy hops, and then dry hopped again with an extra charge of Citra and Galaxy
PXL_20240214_180557627.jpg

Modern History 5% Pilsner

Brewed in collaboration with Branch and Blade Brewing. A German style Pilsner hopped with Tettang and Hallertauer Hersbrucker hops
PXL_20240214_182311747.jpg

This is usually a "wow!" beer for me but this one is kind of blah for some reason. Mostly lacking the Belgian yeast esters, thinner body, more bitterness and less maltiness than I recall, alcohol (9.4%) is more noticeable. Don't know if it's the beer or me or what would cause it if it's either. Hope it's just a bad bottle and not the whole 4 pack.
IMG_20240214_174843.jpg

I was at Total Wine the other day, checking out the section of single beers. Saw two from Ukraine, so bought one of each.

This one is your typical Grolsch-like Euro export lager. Not bad, a little skunky due to the green bottle.

View attachment 841785
I recently learned that Annapolis Homebrew stocks a wide variety of Ukrainian hops. I'm eager to try some, but because it became obvious that Europe was about to be smashed by a long-term heatwave a few years ago, I bought huge quantities of UK and Continental hops, so I'm a little pressed for space right now.

Nevertheless, I think I'll nab a pound or two later this year.

Україна в моєму серці

Cherry Hibiscus Berlinerweisse at Cahaba Brewing. Very subtle fruit, nicely tart, tasty beer.
View attachment 841032
That sounds like a seriously tasty brew. I'm marking that 1 down on my list as to-do. For now, it's just a plain old Dry Stout.

Attachments

• 17079590861334307960668845169804.jpg
    17079590861334307960668845169804.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
I recently learned that Annapolis Homebrew stocks a wide variety of Ukrainian hops. I'm eager to try some, but because it became obvious that Europe was about to be smashed by a long-term heatwave a few years ago, I bought huge quantities of UK and Continental hops, so I'm a little pressed for space right now.

Україна в моєму серці

будмо!

Україна в моєму серці
I highly recommend Nationalniy. Farnesene FTW.

Back