What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB Old Skool WCPA ā€¦

:mug:

Attachments

• IMG_2193.jpeg
    IMG_2193.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Time to take a quick break from all those San Diego IPAā€™s, Woof! Iā€™m starting to see hops in my sleep! A great opportunity to stretch things out a bit and try another great North Carolina brew supplied to me by my beer-loving daughter who keeps up on her local brews.

With a name like Wicked Weed Brewing, I was looking all over this can for references of THC, Marijuana, Mary Jane or something along those lines. Thankfully none, the ā€œWicked Weedā€ possibly a reference to the pretty hop plants on the can? A Weed? ā€œThem conesā€ are pure paradise, that canā€™t be it either!

A great IPA and Winner of a Silver Medal at the 2015 Great American Beer Festival, at 7.3% ABV, Pernicious India Pale Ale is brewed in Asheville, North Carolina. I can remember one of my business trips to Asheville ā€“ we had lunch at this place that had a toy train track running overhead throughout the restaurant. Great Fun!

A great beer, nice head and terrific lacing. Well done!

IMG_6778.jpeg
IMG_6780.jpeg

Tonight is the last of my North Carolina stash supplied to me by my beer-loving daughter. Double Hi-Pitch is a 9% Double IPA Brewed by ā€œHi-Wire Brewing Ā®ā€, Three Ring Brewing Company, Asheville, North Carolina.

Double Hi-Pitch is an extra-large version of their regular Hi-Pitch IPA, 65 IBU brewed with Cascade and Citra hops. This Double is a tasty and big presentation for sure, but despite the 9%, really isnā€™t that boozy, and hides the alcohol well.

Dank and Citrusy, this is a great beer. Next stop - California!

IMG_6785.jpeg

Time to take a quick break from all those San Diego IPAā€™s, Woof! Iā€™m starting to see hops in my sleep! A great opportunity to stretch things out a bit and try another great North Carolina brew supplied to me by my beer-loving daughter who keeps up on her local brews.

With a name like Wicked Weed Brewing, I was looking all over this can for references of THC, Marijuana, Mary Jane or something along those lines. Thankfully none, the ā€œWicked Weedā€ possibly a reference to the pretty hop plants on the can? A Weed? ā€œThem conesā€ are pure paradise, that canā€™t be it either!

A great IPA and Winner of a Silver Medal at the 2015 Great American Beer Festival, at 7.3% ABV, Pernicious India Pale Ale is brewed in Asheville, North Carolina. I can remember one of my business trips to Asheville ā€“ we had lunch at this place that had a toy train track running overhead throughout the restaurant. Great Fun!

A great beer, nice head and terrific lacing. Well done!

View attachment 840430View attachment 840431
Love me some Perni!

This was to be an M43 strawberry IPA clone. Iā€™m now calling it Strawberry Gremlin IPA. List of problems I experienced with this batch is, well, not worth typing. All in all, itā€™s finally bottled and tastes ok. Hoping the next batch goes like normal. šŸ»

Attachments

• IMG_9922.jpeg
    IMG_9922.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back