What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB Old Skool WCPA …

:mug:

Attachments

• IMG_2193.jpeg
    IMG_2193.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Time to take a quick break from all those San Diego IPA’s, Woof! I’m starting to see hops in my sleep! A great opportunity to stretch things out a bit and try another great North Carolina brew supplied to me by my beer-loving daughter who keeps up on her local brews.

With a name like Wicked Weed Brewing, I was looking all over this can for references of THC, Marijuana, Mary Jane or something along those lines. Thankfully none, the “Wicked Weed” possibly a reference to the pretty hop plants on the can? A Weed? “Them cones” are pure paradise, that can’t be it either!

A great IPA and Winner of a Silver Medal at the 2015 Great American Beer Festival, at 7.3% ABV, Pernicious India Pale Ale is brewed in Asheville, North Carolina. I can remember one of my business trips to Asheville – we had lunch at this place that had a toy train track running overhead throughout the restaurant. Great Fun!

A great beer, nice head and terrific lacing. Well done!

IMG_6778.jpeg
IMG_6780.jpeg

Tonight is the last of my North Carolina stash supplied to me by my beer-loving daughter. Double Hi-Pitch is a 9% Double IPA Brewed by “Hi-Wire Brewing ®”, Three Ring Brewing Company, Asheville, North Carolina.

Double Hi-Pitch is an extra-large version of their regular Hi-Pitch IPA, 65 IBU brewed with Cascade and Citra hops. This Double is a tasty and big presentation for sure, but despite the 9%, really isn’t that boozy, and hides the alcohol well.

Dank and Citrusy, this is a great beer. Next stop - California!

IMG_6785.jpeg

Time to take a quick break from all those San Diego IPA’s, Woof! I’m starting to see hops in my sleep! A great opportunity to stretch things out a bit and try another great North Carolina brew supplied to me by my beer-loving daughter who keeps up on her local brews.

With a name like Wicked Weed Brewing, I was looking all over this can for references of THC, Marijuana, Mary Jane or something along those lines. Thankfully none, the “Wicked Weed” possibly a reference to the pretty hop plants on the can? A Weed? “Them cones” are pure paradise, that can’t be it either!

A great IPA and Winner of a Silver Medal at the 2015 Great American Beer Festival, at 7.3% ABV, Pernicious India Pale Ale is brewed in Asheville, North Carolina. I can remember one of my business trips to Asheville – we had lunch at this place that had a toy train track running overhead throughout the restaurant. Great Fun!

A great beer, nice head and terrific lacing. Well done!

View attachment 840430View attachment 840431
Love me some Perni!

This was to be an M43 strawberry IPA clone. I’m now calling it Strawberry Gremlin IPA. List of problems I experienced with this batch is, well, not worth typing. All in all, it’s finally bottled and tastes ok. Hoping the next batch goes like normal. 🍻

Attachments

• IMG_9922.jpeg
    IMG_9922.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Back