What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The kidney is out, so I’m drinking water out of this awesome new stein they gave me. I hope I get to keep it and put Panther Piss in it.
1833ED9B-BDC8-4B81-B4DB-446060ECEF48.jpeg

I’ve enjoyed a few nice beers in Portland, but I’m really eager to get home to some decent mild and UK brown Maybe two or three weeks.

Hope this makes sense. I’m on drugs.

Last edited:
The kidney is out, so I’m drinking water out of this awesome new stein they gave me. I hope I get to keep it and put Panther Piss in it.View attachment 837100
I’ve enjoyed a few nice beers in Portland, but I’m really eager to get home to some decent mild and UK brown Maybe two or three weeks.

Welcome back!!! Hope everything went smoothly for both donor and recipient! You gave the finest gift--kudos!

Your post made perfect sense, so tell them you need more drugs.

The grueling but delicious pace continues as we hit Decemberfest day 21, a special day reserved for a special beer. Today’s intrigue centers around Hallertauer Hopfen Cuvée, a light colored lager by Schloss Brauerei Herrngiersdorf, located in Herrngiersdorf, Germany.

I guess we know it’s a lager, so I said lager. It really doesn’t fit in the two closest categories though. It is either a high IBU Helles or a low IBU Pilsner. Sort of splits the difference between the two. Said to feature the best 4 aroma hops from the Hallertau region, this is a Bayerisches or Bavarian Beer.

Frankly, my scent sensitivity to hops is pretty sharp – I’m not picking up a huge display of aroma hops. We know with domestic IPA’s what a fleeting thing aroma hops can be, so I’m chalking this up to the advanced brewing of these beers prior to the long beer degrading shipping trip from Bavaria directly to the Beermeister32 beer hoard. Or shall I say BierHoard! The faint aroma hops are the quickest to go away, but the yummy flavor continues on strong!

5.3% ABV, decent head and lacing that looks like beach sand, this is really a terrific brew. It’s just hard to place it solidly in either category, so let’s call it a light colored medium lager and be done with it. Prost!

IMG_6312.jpeg
IMG_6313.jpeg

The kidney is out, so I’m drinking water out of this awesome new stein they gave me. I hope I get to keep it and put Panther Piss in it.View attachment 837100

Great to see you back! Happy to see that you were able to go ahead with procedure. Hope you and your sister recover quickly!

Ah good old Curiosity 137 by Treehouse. That was a good one!!
Thanks! That was the name! I enjoyed the Almond/Citrus/Milk Chocolate coffee. I get those flavors, well done!

This is a Red. The 1st beer from a Maintenance Supervisor from work. Apparently, my reputation proceeds me. It's fantastic especially for a 1st brew. I get nice caramel, bitterness/maltiness is on the nose.

PXL_20231222_014030839.PORTRAIT.jpg

I’ve been there and it sucks! No rest at all in there. Good luck to you! Speedy recovery to you!!

Need a break.

Code Debt dipa
A New England style DIPA hopped with YCH 702, Citra, and Simcoe.
PXL_20231222_170748018.jpg

Positively Charged dipa

A collaboration beer in support of The Plus Company in Nashua. $1 from each glass poured at the brewery & $.50 from each can sold will go back to PLUS to support programming for individuals with disabilities.

Label design by PLUS' own clients, Anna and Abby!

This NEIPA was brewed with Kohatu, Citra & Eldorado hops. The New Zealand Kohatu lends a distinctly tropical bite that compliments the Citra and El Dorado in the dry hop bill.

The Plus Company is a nonprofit serving over 400 adults with disabilities in Southern New Hampshire by providing educational, residential, employment, and community services. Through PLUS, clients are able to learn the skills to become full, productive members of our communities.
PXL_20231222_173228180.jpg

Well, it’s December 22, we’re in the 4th Turn of the Decemberfest Advent Calendar box. Black Forest beer by Kraftbierwerkstatt, since 2014 is a terrific dark lager. It’s a Schwwarzbier me thinketh. Doesn’t exactly SAY that, but that’s what it seems to me. Dark Coffee notes, clean lager presentation, 5.7% ABV, 16 IBU, great head, and interesting Zebra stripe lacing.

The lady on the can is all tatted up, showing the difference between a circa 1040 – 2000’s brew and one of today. Tatted up beer flexing women, ‘them ladies are everywhere….! Well, I’m a little old school, I like my ink on the page and my beer by the Krug!

Kraftbierkerkstatt UG, Böblingen, Germany. Prost!

IMG_6303.jpeg
IMG_6304.jpeg

Oh dang! My pops had shingles a couple years back, painful but you can get through it. Hang in there thirstypianopawsgenieman!!! I am a doctor and I recommend beer 😉

Waiting to see an Urgent care. Left work today because of my eye (bring on the jokes!) All symptoms and pictures we looked at indicate shingles. Alcohol kills viruses, ergo beer = good...a lot of beer = great!

BJ Piranha
View attachment 837177

Waiting to see an Urgent care. Left work today because of my eye (bring on the jokes!) All symptoms and pictures we looked at indicate shingles. Alcohol kills viruses, ergo beer = good...a lot of beer = great!

BJ Piranha
View attachment 837177
Hoping for the best news possible. Hang in there.

Back