What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_3499.jpeg

Started the day off at a Mexican restaurant with x2 light waters. Then the FotD package arrived from @pshankstar early. Been a few years since I was involved and forgot the giddiness unraveling every surprise brew. Cooler days means ready to drink so let's start with a Fiestbier!

PXL_20231218_174742899.jpg

PXL_20231218_200335273.jpg

PXL_20231218_203804008.jpg

Started the day off at a Mexican restaurant with x2 light waters. Then the FotD package arrived from @pshankstar early. Been a few years since I was involved and forgot the giddiness unraveling every surprise brew. Cooler days means ready to drink so let's start with a Fiestbier!

PXL_20231218_174742899.jpg

PXL_20231218_200335273.jpg

PXL_20231218_203804008.jpg
Cheers bud!! Frequentem makes some great classic style beers. I really enjoyed that one!

December 18 brings us Alte Liebe Dunkle Weiss from Brauerei zum Kuchlbauer GmbH & Co. KG, Abemberg, Germany. “Alte Liebe” means “Old Love” to most of us here on these shores.

Well, “Alte Liebe” isn’t exactly my idea of an “Old Love” – in fact I find this Dark Wheat Beer a little rough around the edges. Just like all those Southern California 60% divorce rates where your “Old Love” was a little rough around the edges ….. Uff, now I get it! Art imitates life!

5.2% ABV, medium head zero lacing. I find this beer a bit rough on my palate, something of this flavor seems harsh to me – Sort of like that 7 year old marriage, I’m over it. Next!

IMG_6297.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m curious of what you thought of that one? A fellow homebrewer friend of mine who turned pro a few years ago.
Sorry, been sitting on that one in the fridge for a while. I enjoyed it, had a nice body, some good Belgian yeast expression and a clean cherry addition.

IMG_3507.jpeg

Sorry, been sitting on that one in the fridge for a while. I enjoyed it, had a nice body, some good Belgian yeast expression and a clean cherry addition.

View attachment 836872
Ah no worries. It’s a good beer to sit on for a while. I’m glad you enjoyed it!!
IMG_3162.jpeg
Treehouse Curiosity 136. Damn this is nice!

Back