What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, with these 24-day Advent Calendars, I have a new name for the holiday season… It’s DECEMBERFEST !!!! What a great thing from my daughters, thank you girls!

The December 1 pull is Export Hell from Privatbrauerei J.B. Falter Regen KG, based out of Regen Germany. Since 1649, this brew house has been cranking out great beers like this 5.3% ABV Export Hell. This is really a fantastic grainy Helles, great way to kick off the season! Decent head, beautiful lacing that looks like a wedding dress. Flavor is spot on, body is a little lighter than other Helles beers I’ve had the pleasure of glugging.

An interesting sidebar - this Advent Calendar box features beers from independent family-owned breweries from Germany. My kind of box!

1516 Reinheitsgebot compliant, the can says it all – Das Beste Für Alle – Well, that one is sure easy to translate! Prost!

View attachment 835348View attachment 835349
Mine’s the same box different beer. Guess they mix the up.

My 1st Advent pull

Attachments

• IMG_8235.jpeg
    IMG_8235.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Couldn’t read the bottled-on date until after I poured it. Surprised to see 03/02/14. Very smooth but, not surprising, it lacks the depth of flavor that a more current release would have. Still enjoyable though. If I had to guess maybe 2-5 years old is the max for this beer for drinking it in its prime.

IMG_3501.jpeg

December 2 opens the door to Kauzle Helles Lager, brewed since 1809 by Kauzen-Bräu GmbH & Co KG, Ochsenfurt, Germany.

Another excellent German Helles lager, nice golden color, good predictable Helles flavor like you might find drinking a Weihenstephaner Helles. Head QUICKLY dissipates, zero lacing, medium carbonation. When I mean dissipates fast, I nearly missed photographing it!

Overall a great beer for Advent Calendar Day #2. Prost!

IMG_6014.jpeg

Latest posts

Back