What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never thought I would like a dry anything, but I’m sampling my mixed berry melomel after removing the 9lbs of fruit from my 19 gallons, and WOW!! The dryness is almost non existent and this 13.5% is subtle but it’s very delicious. Don’t worry it’s crystal clear in the fermenter. Gtta add Lemon peel and some more honey to balance the sour of the lemon.
IMG_0795.jpeg

Never thought I would like a dry anything, but I’m sampling my mixed berry melomel after removing the 9lbs of fruit from my 19 gallons, and WOW!! The dryness is almost non existent and this 13.5% is subtle but it’s very delicious. Don’t worry it’s crystal clear in the fermenter. Gtta add Lemon peel and some more honey to balance the sour of the lemon.View attachment 821332
Wow! Sounds amazing to me.

Never thought I would like a dry anything, but I’m sampling my mixed berry melomel after removing the 9lbs of fruit from my 19 gallons, and WOW!! The dryness is almost non existent and this 13.5% is subtle but it’s very delicious. Don’t worry it’s crystal clear in the fermenter. Gtta add Lemon peel and some more honey to balance the sour of the lemon.View attachment 821332
Looks like a mighty big glass for a 13.5%er!😉🍻

Earilier Cold Smoke, in front of the French bread my wife baked to go with the lasagna our oldest grandson (who’s been staying with us since he graduated college) made for supper. I cooked breakfast so my participation in preparing supper wasn’t required. :cool:
D3060D98-A567-4B23-8FA7-F3CB8EFE5E93.jpeg

Now, an Irish nightcap.
84692525-B436-42DA-9CCB-7711D99E77AD.jpeg

I found some old-new stock in the back corner of the cooler at my local beer mart. Averbode 'Abbey - style' blonde beer x4 and a beauty glass to boot! Little bit bitter, big hit of spelt wheat along with a very malty/oat finish.
The write-up on the display box said the beer had been dry-hopped during cold lagering for a floral note, but I could not tell you which hop. Beautiful change after sooooooo many 'Hipster PA's' lately. A nice easy 7.5% abv so I will have two!
Cheers! :bigmug:

Averbode.jpg

Got this from a buddy, after a workday where I can use the 10.2% and poured it into my new mug from the wolf sanctuary. It's really enjoyable for a triple ipa.
Ahhh, the Mighty Sparklepuff. Glad to see she is defending the Universe around the world as well! One of my favourites, brewed in Victoria, BC, Canada! Sláinte! :mug:

Back