What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little more crystal malt than I like, but doesn’t taste like a 3xIPA. Groot looks happy.
A881F10D-E3CA-45B2-8F95-F9B77DA61113.jpeg

Deep inside my 3-bottle bender and review of the classic HB (Hofbrau, not Home Brew) original lager. A fine and definitive example of German Munich lager.

What can you say that hasn’t been said. Perfection in brewing, designed to be consumed by the Maßkrug, I’m barely keeping up with my sissy little pint glass.

Only possible thing I might comment on is this lighter-color-than-usual glass these are arriving in. Most of the other German breweries have figured out we need 500ml CANS to keep beer in top form. These glass shelf-sitters need darker brown glass like Ayinger, or ship them in cans please. I am detecting a hint of skunk here in a HB brew. Sacrilege, I know. Otherwise a great and classic beer. Prost!
9925B21F-890E-4D2F-A505-C6F06AE77865.jpeg

Another one of the 12 Beers of Christmas 2022 (I hear there is still space in the 2023 beer share!). @GoodTruble, this is really good. Balanced, malty, spicy, and lightly bitter. Just really drinkable for 8%.View attachment 819210
Thanks for supplying the California Bay Laurel Leaves. =c)

(The secret was I brewed the recipe posted in the thread) (...and used Lallemand's Farmhouse Hybrid Saison-Style yeast).

Last edited:
'WW' aka wedding wine.. A mango wine i made for a friend's yet to happen wedding. August will make it two years old. It's decent but not spectacular.. I added tannin and acid blend as per usual recipes however, it's a bit strange for me because ripe mangoes are neither sour nor tannic. I added a little sugar to compensate for the 'weirdness'.

I take this as a reminder to try and stay true to the fruit's natural flavor.

Final Gravity is our “dudes day out” when we visit the in laws in RVA. Just a great tap room, not to far from Short Pump and not like the breweries in Scott’s Addition (not that they are bad, just a different vibe there)

Used to live 2 miles from Original Gravity. Was my 1st local hb shop. I really enjoy the taproom too. Much calmer vibe than most venues in RVA. Scott’s Addition was too young for me 10 yrs ago☺️

Latest posts

Back