What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rum breezer. 1 part dark rum, 1 part Domaine de Canton, 2 parts pineapple juice.

It's freezing-ass cold here today, so trying to think summer. :)

20230318_162327.jpg

Belgian strong ale. This is good! Bubblegum, spice, malt, a little sweetness, a little boozy, bottle re-fermented. First sips were a bit bitter for my taste but as I continued sipping that faded (could it be the 10.5% abv taking effect?). Good lacing. Very nice beer, a bit pricey at $6 per bottle but worth it to me.
IMG_20230318_173750.jpg

IMG_20230318_181601.jpg

I knew better than to buy beer in a green bottle from a small town rural liquor store… should’ve listened to my gut. Skunky!!!
View attachment 815409
Back in the late 70s a bar/restaurant called Bert ‘n’ Ernie’s opened in Great Falls, MT. The owner stocked the bar with a variety of imported beers, among them Moosehead. I thought it was pretty good but, at that time, it was in brown bottles.

HB Baltic Porter:

21A10AD1-C1DD-47FD-A6F2-52087B37F2C6.jpeg

I have Plans. This is from a tiny batch; I have 5 gallons in another fermenter right now. Going to hit that batch with cacao nibs extracted into bourbon, so I'm dosing this batch with different amounts of bourbon to see how much I'm going to need. I'm thinking ~24 ounces.

Last edited:
Wow! What's the difference between that and the Marzen? How is it?

Also, no judge, just FYI, it's "aecht." Looks like an "H."

I haven't had their Marzen, but word is that is their Marzen is a little lighter, sweeter and less smokey.

SP. Thank for the typo, I picked that up in the edit

Back