What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy New Year Y’all!

IMG_3571.jpeg
IMG_3572.jpeg

1st pie on the new Ooni. Smashed then tore it apart with the peal inside the oven🙄
Still tastes darn good.

View attachment 837950

I tried a couple on my sisters . First was disastrous mess. Could not move a full size pizza dough. Cut the next one into two smaller pies. Way better!

It’s big and it’s beautiful. Let’s just call it a BBIPA! I figured since we hit on the Sierra Nevada Pale Ale yesterday, I thought I’d do them better and bring on a REAL IPA, and this one fits the bill.

Sierra Atomic Torpedo Imperial IPA - Big it is, 9.2% ABV. You know, I see no malt liquor in the local beer case, and where they used to sit now are a bunch of 9.2% IPA singles like this one. Tell me the hobos aren’t drinking these instead!

Honestly, a 9.2% ABV beer is very strong – heck, in 1933 after prohibition, beers were limited to 3.2% ABV. This is roughly 3 times as strong, and no Canadians in sight! (they are the Kings of high ABV).

As you may be aware, I’m more of a glugger than a sipper. These heavies are sipping beer to me. To make this more of a glugger, please indulge my deviation from protocol by introducing about 1/3 Coors Light to the mix. How are these two versions? Atomic Torpedo, very boozy and hoppy, a bit much for my “thenthitive” palate. Good head, great lacing, a very strong and powerful beer. How is it thinned out? Still darned good! And drinkable! Makes this Bad Boy about 6% according to my Casio. Perfect for chugging or with dinner, which I’ll enjoy in a few. Plus there's more IPA! Cheers!

IMG_6499.jpeg
IMG_6500.jpeg

Cider bottled 09/14/19. Backsweetened with peach mango flavor Crystal Light. Subtle flavor, slightly sweet, nice carb, 7.2% abv. Good!View attachment 838115

4-plus year old bottled cider that's still good? Your sanitation and low-O2 processes must be top-notch. Nice job!

Saw this Goose Island Backyard Stout locally for the first time today. Not familiar with it so decided I'd ask for some input from y'all more knowledgeable than me. Should I drink it now or hold it? Go back and get a few more to age? Will this appreciate in value if I had a few to hang onto for a few years? I appreciate your thoughts!🍻🍻
IMG_20240103_172222.jpg

Last edited:
Back