What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_2652.jpeg
Time for the OG which now seems to be closer to a classic WCIPA to my palate. So interesting how things have changed.

Enjoying a last Dark Mild (maybe a brown after dinner) before I start my drive across the country tomorrow morning. I'll be gone for a while. If things go well, I'll see you guys around Dec/Jan--could be March for all I know--and I'll be down one kidney. If things don't go so good, I'll be back in a couple weeks with both kidneys.

Fingers crossed.

On to the ale... Yerp, it’s that Dark Mild again.

Enjoy the prime brewing season, fellas! :bigmug:
D66131F8-8CEF-4319-BF91-DC433B51E887.jpeg

Last edited:
If this were 1976, drinking a quart of Miller High Life was about as great as it gets! Boy, have things changed since the Beer Revolution. It’s times like this that I wax nostalgically for other past great times, and some of the historic great beers that made them great!

Today’s trip down memory lane we re-visit and examine another old friend and a great beer. Miller High Life once commanded a huge share of the North American beer market. At 4.6% ABV and lowish IBU’s, this easy-drinking lager has minimal head and zero lacing. At $2.99 for this quart, it’s a great bargain. Miller’s “Champagne of Beers” gets away with the clear glass using modified hops, so it never gets skunked. Impressive!

I thought I might chime in on the beer bar mix – delicious and appropriate with an American mainstay like Miller, I read somewhere that people’s cruddy fingers leave residual Pee-Pee in the bar mix, SO FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, DON’T SHARE!!!

Miller comes on a bit sweet to my palate, but taste memory can be short and it is gone after a few big swigs. This is a College Frat chugging beer. Miller was a premium and costly beer when I was in school, now it is shamefully relegated to the left end of the beer rack. Aw, who cares, good beer……. CHUG… CHUG… CHUG… CHUG !!!

IMG_5694.jpeg

Enjoying a last Dark Mild (maybe a brown after dinner) before I start my drive across the country tomorrow morning. I'll be gone for a while. If things go well, I'll see you guys around Dec/Jan--could be March for all I know--and I'll be down one kidney. If things don't go so good, I'll be back in a couple weeks with both kidneys.

Fingers crossed.

On to the ale... Yetp, it’s that Dark Mild again.

Enjoy the prime brewing season, fellas! :bigmug:
View attachment 832571

You are doing a wonderful and selfless thing! Best wishes for both patients. Have safe travels, we'll be here when you get back.

Back