What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bud Light Lime... I was ashamed to admit this but I had to warn everyone else that was on the fence about trying this!! STAY AWAY!! Not only is it a disgusting Bud, but it's so watered down with hint of synthetic lime flavor! How can then even call this garbage BEER?? I'm so glad it was free!!

LOL. Yup cheap green lime popsicle flavor mixed w/ bud light. was given one over the 4th... lol just had to try it... even worse when it gets warm! GACK!

Spaten Oktoberfest

Before that I had a Seeradler classik, and a Seeradler plus. The Plus is the bomb! SWMBO says she can't see drinking more than one of these, shoot I love em, if just to clean the pallet, I love grapefruit.

Sake...

a few flights with pairings at Sake One. Unreal! We also took a tour of the brewery, very cool!

They are the only American owned brewers of sake. Their product is unreal. I've always thought sake is what you drink warm when eating sushi...not so much.

check it out...only seven full time employees here. Small overhead helps make their prices extremely low. Check it out! I recommend the Asian pear moonstone and the Yoshinogawa Gokujo Ginjo. seriously buy some...I m not a rep or anything like that...it's just that good.

sake one

Had another classic and another plus, now a Zeppelin from the same brewery. honey aroma, and aftertaste. Very carbonated like the Seeradlers. There is a lot going on in this beer, I like it.

finishing off a bottle of year old meade. it is a thing to behold at 16% abv, smooth as a bowling ball, but just as heavy. oh and if you drink too much, you will end up in the gutter.

Glass of Cline Zinfandel 2008. California has got some good stuff!

Now doing a pint of Birra Moretti. Light brew, perfect after mowing the lawn. Not a low calorie (Lite) beer. Everything is almost too subtle for me, still it has a meld of different flavors I can't wrap my taste buds around. Another one for the professional tasters to tell me what the heck I am getting here. Will buy more of it.

Hoegaarden also has a grand cru, but I've never seen it.

I just had a De Ryck Arend Tripel. Unbelievably great stuff! Very pungent piney, spicy hops (and spices, prolly?) on the nose, nice light woody tones and prickly carbonation.

Birra Moretti 2 more...Thought the SWMBO might like this one, as it has no character, but some reason I like it...no, let me change that.

It has so much subtleness that it is almost....almost....an exalted BMC. I don't know why I will buy it. I guess it is a great attempt at making a very drinkable normal brew?

Weird to me. I just poured a pint of my New Castle Clone....that Birra Moretti makes mine look good, but I will still buy it. I am at a loss.

Oh yeah SWMBO went ballistic and left the Birra Moretti I poured her on the table...her loss:D

Great Lakes Brewing Company's "Holy Moses White Ale" and a hefeweizen I brewed almost two months ago.

Maui Brewery tonight....Coconut Porter, very, very good. Big Swell IPA, I'm a hop head as well, very very good. Personally 2.50 a 12 oz. serving will deter me from doing it again. But a fine two brews just the same.

Lost Abbey Devotion. Which was rather underwhelming, so I went with some of my own Belgian action...

New Belgium Ranger IPA

Good hop pine, resin, and citrus aromas, but there's something funky about the aftertaste left by this beer. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Drinking my own Schwartz-bier from a 575 creamer faucet. The creamer definitely gives a thick beautiful head on lower carbed beer. This beer has been added to my list that I want to keep on tap. Nicely dry, used dehusked malt, a hint of chocolate and a touch of roast. Way better than Death and Taxes or pretty much any other black lager I've had IMO.

Back