What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had Spaten, and PBR tonight.

Spaten Premium is good (I am really getting the honey taste tonight). I am so intrigued with the PBR being so clean. PBR is no where in the league of Spaten, but it is like a clean start to a great beer with nothing but the strong basic build of a great beer.

Still drinking the IPA, this keg just will not end... I love it! (expect for the fact that I need to bottle the English IPA when I return from my trip)

Today I will be visiting the Shiner Brewery. Moved my Daughter yesterday, and Son In Law handed me the equivalent of a twelve pack. SWMBO got them in the fridge last night. I left her the better brews (I already have all of those brands, tucked away, where she can't get to them. I did not have the Shiner collection).

Since I only drank one Modelo last night, when finally finished moving them. I had a pear, and a peach for breakfast. Now it is a Hefeweizen, next the Kosmos (never could find that one,mmmm) Bock, lastly the Black.

Edit: 1:33 pm
The Kosmos was nice, but the Black that is a keeper. I was leaning the other way. I guess I was just tired of drinking too many Shiners. This is a good brewery. I will continue with my support, and maybe make it to the brewery (it is an hour away, I should be shot).

Sierra Nevada Tumbler - Autumn brown ale. Delicious! A nice change of pace from the Anniversary Ale, makes me look forward to Celebration even more!

Previous Post 8-22-10 I ended up drinking 19 beers or so that day. One beer Mon Sam Adams Winter, today a glass and a half of some home made wine from two different kits. (I learned my lesson for a while).

In honor of me landing a teaching job I cracked open a bottle of Stone 11th Anniversary that I have been holding on to for now 3 years. It has definately mellowed out a little over the years but it is still a very drinkable beer. Malty with a touch of chocolate and roast and a still big and present hop bitterness and flavor. Aroma is malty and fruity, almost like a barleywine, but the flavor is lighter and not so heavy. This beer, now the Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale, is still one of my favorite Stone brews.

In honor of me landing a teaching job I cracked open a bottle of Stone 11th Anniversary that I have been holding on to for now 3 years. It has definately mellowed out a little over the years but it is still a very drinkable beer. Malty with a touch of chocolate and roast and a still big and present hop bitterness and flavor. Aroma is malty and fruity, almost like a barleywine, but the flavor is lighter and not so heavy. This beer, now the Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale, is still one of my favorite Stone brews.

I thought their Anniversary beers are meant to drink fresh? I had their 13th Anniversary a year late, it was OK, but nothing compared to a fresh one...

Warsteiner Dunkel - loved it, more mellow than Sam Adams

Warsteiner Verum - loved it, very good, different.

Victory Hop Devil - Really good, first sip eye opening though.

Saint Arnold Oktoberfest - Have to try this one first next time, should have started with this one. I am from Houston, like to root for the home team, but have to be honest.

Alaskan Barley Wine. Very interesting. Shelftag said something about it having berries in it; I can't find verification, but it sure has a dusty tart cherry thing to it.

Starting with the St. Arnolds Ocktoberfest, it aint bad, just not "Lets go tell the gang" beer.

Edited: Warsteiner Dunkel, so much mo betta!

Edited: Warsteiner Verum
Victory HopDevil

Warsteiner (both) are at sell at my Kroger for 7.99 a sixer. Will be going back for a few more six packs.

Drinking Kent's Hollow Leg made with Kolsch yeast and Palmer's Mill Run Stout with coffee and licorice added. Also drinking some costco SWMBO bought since we need to conserve the homebrew for when her mother comes to visit next week. The costco stuff is ok, but not as good as the homebrew!

Back