What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Christmas Exchange beer from my brew club HB Merry Mango Wheat! Awesome!
8C277396-8690-4D28-A280-314CE56982A2.jpeg

HB rye stout on nitro, plus a big ol’ plate of Culver’s cheese curds.
View attachment 808391
Looks like a White Russian lol. How much did the whole nitrogen set up run you? Also, is there any ability to bottle it for sharing or comps? I’ve been interested in doing but haven’t done any real research into it

Last edited:
Dogfish Head Crimson Cru. I've never had a beer from this brewery that I enjoyed (all too bitter for me) until now. This red ale is a blend of their red ale and Rodenbach Grand Cru barrel aged red-brown ale. Malt, a little citrus, plum, cherry, all very subtle to me. I really like this one. 7.1%, 15 ibu.
IMG_20221221_170646.jpg

Looks like a White Russian lol. How much did the whole nitrogen set up run you? Also, is there any ability to bottle it for sharing or comps? I’ve been interested in doing but haven’t done any real research into it
Maybe $8-900 for a three-tap all-nitro keezer? I don’t know of any way to bottle it as “nitro” — without the high dispense pressure and the faucet, you just get flat beer.

HB Double India Pale Lager. 6kg Bohemian Pilsner and 3kg Munich. 120g of Idaho 7 hops in total. 50g at 60 minutes, 40g at 5 minutes, and 30g at flameout. Fermented on top of the yeastcake of an Idaho 7 Black IPA using Saflager S-23. Three weeks in the FV and one week lagering/carbonating.

OG: 1.077
FG: 1.013
ABV: 8.5%

Tastes of tangerine with a bit of cannabis. I prefer my IPA's to be a bit malty and this is, so I'm happy with it. A bit of chill haze though, but it probably would have cleared-up if I waited longer to tap the keg.

IMG_8271.jpg

My buddy that’s in the Air Force just got back from being in Germany for a while. He brought me back this Trappist glass and the beer that goes with it - TWO of them. He said this is the one that was voted “Best Beer in the World.” 🥹 I’ll forgive him for being in the Air Force (I’m retired Army). I’ll try it later today or tomorrow in this glass and will savor it!
D24931CA-2BA4-4C91-8510-CC0B445E3B2D.jpeg
EB9B6E07-8808-40B7-A982-D187C8B157F1.jpeg

My buddy that’s in the Air Force just got back from being in Germany for a while. He brought me back this Trappist glass and the beer that goes with it - TWO of them. He said this is the one that was voted “Best Beer in the World.” 🥹 I’ll forgive him for being in the Air Force (I’m retired Army). I’ll try it later today or tomorrow in this glass and will savor it!
View attachment 808477View attachment 808478
Wife and I did a beercation in Belgium back in 2014. I brought back 2 of those glasses and a dozen of those beers. I gave a glass and a few beers to our son, did a blind taste test with another, against two other quads, and have slowly savored the rest. I’m down to one left that I still need to drink one of these days. The last one I drank, two or three years ago was just phenomenal.

Drink one now and put the other one away for a few years if you can. It’ll be worth it.

Wife and I did a beercation in Belgium back in 2014. I brought back 2 of those glasses and a dozen of those beers. I gave a glass and a few beers to our son, did a blind taste test with another, against two other quads, and have slowly savored the rest. I’m down to one left that I still need to drink one of these days. The last one I drank, two or three years ago was just phenomenal.

Drink one now and put the other one away for a few years if you can. It’ll be worth it.
I’ll do that, as long as I can stay disciplined! I’d love to go to Belgium and do a beercation! That’s great you and your wife did that. Was this your favorite beer you had?

I’ll do that, as long as I can stay disciplined! I’d love to go to Belgium and do a beercation! That’s great you and your wife did that. Was this your favorite beer you had?
It was definitely one of the best, if not the best. We drank so many excellent dubbels, tripels, and quads that it kind of all blended together after a while. I will say that a couple years later my son-in-law, my son, and I did a quad blind taste test. A Westy 12, a Rochefort 10, and a Boulevard Sixth Glass. The Sixth Glass, while good was simply outclassed, which really wasn’t surprising. My son and I both correctly identified each beer. He preferred the Westy12, and I the Roch10, but it was ever so close between the two. Enjoy!!

Back