What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C663D3B9-3912-4B28-92BD-16E171EC0D7C.jpeg

This seems a little thin to me, but I don’t drink Hefeweizen very often, so I don’t have a good mental image of what is “ideal”. I wanted to pick up a few commercial bottles to compare it to, but I live so far from a decent liquor store with a respectable selection, I haven’t been able to do that. I also spent the money on liquid Hefeweizen ale yeast from white labs WLP300.

The carb will help with that.

OT

48BADD9F-11EE-4C86-85FE-034118AC104F.jpeg

Beck's NA beer. Not as nasty as the non-alcoholic stuff just a few years ago. I also have some NA Heineken and St. Pauli Girl in the fridge.
BUT, I have 10 gallons of 7.8 ABV bock that will go into kegs for lagering early next week so by the time that is ready I will be ready to start drinking real beer again. After 4+ months in France I needed to reduce my alcohol intake, it was insane there over the holidays, so I drink one beer every 2 or 3 days, or a glass of wine.
Never been outside is borders besides Canada. I can drink lots of beer at the 4.5-6% on a daily basis but I couldn't do wine or spirits that way. Sounds to me you had a great trip lots of celebrating.

A staple ipa and a HB NZ pils after dealing with chipping trenches into the ice around the house so all this water drains. Just miserable.
I hate late winter rain/ice/snow/hail.
View attachment 761719View attachment 761720

How's the M&B treating you?

Salinas or out on the peninsula?

I took him down to the Carmel location actually. He's staying in Monterey, but they're oftentimes loud and packed to the gills on the weekend.

My youngest brother in law bought this for me to drink at his house-he's a recovering alcoholic and doesn't drink a drop, but he serves good stuff for friends and family. It's not a bad Scotch at all.
It’s often recommended as a first intro to Scotch. It’s not as peaty or smoky or campfire as some others.

How's the M&B treating you?
Love it. It is absolutely perfect for the 3-4G range that I brew 95% of the time. I've only used it as a biab vessel, though. Just recently stopped using the bag in the mash pipe because I finally got around to some heat resistant bbq gloves. We will be moving back to our little brick house sometime this spring, so I'm going to lose the dedicated space, but at least I can rig up a pulley there a lot easier.

My youngest brother in law bought this for me to drink at his house-he's a recovering alcoholic and doesn't drink a drop, but he serves good stuff for friends and family. It's not a bad Scotch at all.

I've always wondered about the Monkey Shoulder.
My fav was always 15yr Solera Reserve Glenfiddich, but it's getting harder to find and they're doing other things like bourbon barrels and IPA vats and stuff. But my tastebuds always want the Solera.

Love it. It is absolutely perfect for the 3-4G range that I brew 95% of the time. I've only used it as a biab vessel, though. Just recently stopped using the bag in the mash pipe because I finally got around to some heat resistant bbq gloves. We will be moving back to our little brick house sometime this spring, so I'm going to lose the dedicated space, but at least I can rig up a pulley there a lot easier.

I have a hook in the garage that I hang the bag from. The one time I put the bag in a grain tube, the bag ripped when taking it out. I brewed dozens of batches without ever an issue without the pipe. I should just throw it away...it temps me so.

Lemon drop
PXL_20220306_173251370.PORTRAIT.jpg

A mistake
PXL_20220306_174805047.PORTRAIT.jpg

Been wanting one of these for a while!! Thx @j1laskey - man would be nice to be able to buy these locally...imma search around :)
PXL_20220306_220228120.jpg

I've always wondered about the Monkey Shoulder.
My fav was always 15yr Solera Reserve Glenfiddich, but it's getting harder to find and they're doing other things like bourbon barrels and IPA vats and stuff. But my tastebuds always want the Solera.

It's a blend but citrus and vanilla pop out for me. My Scottish Manager recommended it a few years back for my bourbon drinking boys.

Bit of a celebration. Been flirting with it but officially lost 50lbs today in just over 6 months. Even that "back to craft beer" throwback week couldn't hold me back!

Great DIPA

PXL_20220306_231749895.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Back