What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A23233D7-AC38-4A27-BDCD-54F4259DA405.jpeg

HB Altbier in an ugly, but serviceable, plastic cup.

797C3473-6AAB-4738-BA3B-C02B851A1E28.jpeg

Parked the combines about an hour ago. 95° F, 30 mph wind, humidity in the teens, fire danger off the charts. We were harvesting the field adjacent to my son’s residence, with nothing to stop the spread of a fire but our trusty, 1982 Ford one-ton, with a 275 gal chemical shuttle full of water and a farm supply store pump. It’s supposed to be much cooler, with a chance of rain, the rest of the week. There will be better days to harvest wheat.

I’m going to finish my beer and go charge the AC in one of our semis.

Gonna miss this restaurant that we only discovered during COVID. They're like two blocks away at the beginning of Oldtown, and we always walked past them...until we didn't. We now go like once every other week for either their shrimp of these chicharrones pescado.
PXL_20210815_204648287.jpg

...and this from @TBC (weird way to pour but wanted to show the label)
PXL_20210816_033106670.jpg

Andddddddddddddd let's see how long my Craigslist ad stays up until it's flagged...trying to deplete the cellar to make moving easier. We'll see how it goes...keeping all the FOTD beers, but the Rare Barrels and OG Yeast of Edens could find new homes. Lol, I think we have about six boxes already of cellared adult beverages (1/3rd wine 2/3 beer).

Sour beer from local Coralitos Brewing (sour w/ kumquat) while we continue to pack : )
PXL_20210817_010700391.jpg

HB Altbier on a really smokey day. Visibility is about 2 miles. On a normal day the Little Rocky Mountains, 60 miles away, would be visible over the horizon.

View attachment 739323
This was New England a couple of weeks ago. After about a month of rain, this was finally a "sunny" week. Smoke from northern Canada
IMG_20210726_191047.jpg

Andddddddddddddd let's see how long my Craigslist ad stays up until it's flagged...trying to deplete the cellar to make moving easier. We'll see how it goes...keeping all the FOTD beers, but the Rare Barrels and OG Yeast of Edens could find new homes. Lol, I think we have about six boxes already of cellared adult beverages (1/3rd wine 2/3 beer).

Sour beer from local Coralitos Brewing (sour w/ kumquat) while we continue to pack : )
View attachment 739334
If you can’t find a new home locally you can always ship them to me. ☺️
I’m sure that’s the last thing you want to do is packaged them and ship, given the move and all. Plus I wouldn’t blame you either.
Good luck TG with the move and your wife’s new gig!!

View attachment 739334
Hmmm, when are you moving, soon? Most any other time I could see a roadtrip in my future. Only issue is that I have rigid commitments over most of the next 6 weeks that will prevent me from taking the time for such a trip.

If you can’t find a new home locally you can always ship them to me. ☺
I’m sure that’s the last thing you want to do is packaged them and ship, given the move and all. Plus I wouldn’t blame you either.
Good luck TG with the move and your wife’s new gig!!

I considered that, but I'd be a little scared of bottles breaking. You know how that ends :(

Hmmm, when are you moving, soon? Most any other time I could see a roadtrip in my future. Only issue is that I have rigid commitments over most of the next 6 weeks that will prevent me from taking the time for such a trip.

September 10th-ish, she and I go, and then I come back for roughly a month while we get things in order here/there.

I wouldn't be against delivering if the timing works out after I moved my wife in. I'll have 3 free days a week until I eventually move out to Fresno. Think about it and let me know *cheers*

Back