What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tis the season. Oktoberfest started..too early. 'Ol Pianoman managed to leave out the false bottom. 🙄

OT, caffeine
PXL_20210807_123349815.jpg

Are you exhibiting/competing with animals or vegetables or something?
My kids are in 4-H and FFA. They have show lambs and goats. They also show horses and rodeo. My daughter has been here the longest with her horse because she’s been competing in the junior miss rodeo sweetheart competition since late last week. County fair parade this morning and 4-H/FFA livestock sale is this afternoon.

Mash temp obviously plummeted after removing/re-adding wort into tun WITH false bottom this time. Got the mash temp back up after some wort re-boil. Noticed the low Alpha% on the hops I got so had to figure that out also. On a high note, efficiency went through the roof. Guess I know the technique now! 😁 Anyway, finally stopping for breakfast.
PXL_20210807_154048064.jpg

I used to be pretty careless about the aa% on the package but got burned (pun) on my Belgian Triple a couple times.
Now I DO THE MATH.

If its a DIPA or RIS, I don't sweat it too much. But 4% Alpha versus 2.8%? Yeah, I have to figure it out. Ended up adding .3oz Azacca in the boil. Sure it'll be fine in the end.

You on a beer sabbatical of sorts?
The cooking method for the pork sounds great.
Kind of. I had an acute heart attack this year on Mothers Day. Since then my wife self appointed herself Frau Obergruppenfuhrer SS Bier Polizei...and of Ice Cream and chocolate and any darn thing else worth living for 😰😰😰

Kind of. I had an acute heart attack this year on Mothers Day. Since then my wife self appointed herself Frau Obergruppenfuhrer SS Bier Polizei...and of Ice Cream and chocolate and any darn thing else worth living for
Glad you're still here with us, Sean; I can't imagine.
Wives are good that way. But no chocolate??? Someone's gotta draw the line and it's not going to be me!

Last edited:
Glad you're still here with us, Sean; I can't imagine.
Wives are good that way. But no chocolate??? Someone's gotta draw the line and it's not going to be me!
Sugar free ice cream, sugar free chocolate, low fat low salt. But she lets me stuff my face with fruit. I've eaten more fruit and veggies in 2 months than in the past 10 years. I've dropped from 228 in May to 209. 1 good thing, it's gotten me motivated to want to work out again. I won't ever be that 185 pound Army Sgt again but it feels good to be closer to that than I have been in 15 years. 🍻

My wife's uncle's fav. He's the kind of person you would like to know.
Not my cup of tea but who cares?
I like a good pilsner on occasion. This one and Bitburger are a couple of my go-to’s. They're a welcome change up when I need to reset my palate from all the IPA's I drink.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back