What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out foraging for mushrooms while wifey working in the hospital :)
PXL_20210214_200426539.jpg
PXL_20210214_234016670.PORTRAIT.jpg

8B4E661E-EBCD-4061-AC76-8947EE9041E1.jpeg
D296E0D3-05E5-419B-AFE5-6B9F4B883425.jpeg
DCF9DCC7-F869-40E7-81C0-E74697D2F787.jpeg
04927F15-530D-4D7B-A76C-FE7861C490DD.jpeg
98A6A08D-F746-4600-A5A2-A2BB345D90EF.jpeg
Opened a bottle of my melomel from 2.5 years ago. The strawberry and blueberry are still present and it tastes like a sweet wine. @PianoMan I’ll be in touch after I dig out my notes and what not.
Followed by the stout a friend brought over and then a few IPAs. Who know what else I may get after the kids are in bed.

Austin continues to grow to fast for my liking.

This after realizing my refrigerator compressor died. Oh the irony..

Hb Scottish Ale, 9.3%

View attachment 718667

All that Gas and there are still blackouts? Wow...anyhow, I have feeling there will be a few fridges out tonight. Aunt & Unc are in FWorth, Aunt hasn't seen weather in Texas like this since leaving Canada!! 🙃🔥Stay safe and warm!!

Austin continues to grow to fast for my liking.

This after realizing my refrigerator compressor died. Oh the irony..

Hb Scottish Ale, 9.3%

View attachment 718667
I grew up here in Michigan but I spent many a year there in the Army and as a civilian. 4 years Ft Hood, attended Central Texas college, hung out in Austin at 6th street Rock. Of course this was in the 80s. Then graduated from St Philips college in San Antonio and worked at BAMC on Ft Sam for 12 years before retiring in 2002. I miss Calavaras lake, Lake Travis, tubing in New Braunfels on the Guadalupe, Natural Bridge Caverns. Then lived in Houston for 4 years and Fresno for 3 years. Will always consider it my home.

All that Gas and there are still blackouts? Wow...anyhow, I have feeling there will be a few fridges out tonight. Aunt & Unc are in FWorth, Aunt hasn't seen weather in Texas like this since leaving Canada!! 🙃🔥Stay safe and warm!!
Lots of bad weather. Terrifying at times. Tornado alley and beast storms coming in off the Gulf.

Same for up here @Immocles ...this is in Celsius, but the wind chill is pushing towards -33ºC / -27F... 40 below is 40 below, so hopefully it'll subside soon. We're only 5h away from the Montana border...Brrr!!! 💨

View attachment 718672
Yep! Celsius and Fahrenheit equal out at -40. We were there earlier today with that wind chill. It’s warmed up a bit though!
Side note, I used to goto Mexico each winter with a guy from Calgary. That dude could drink some serious tequila.

HB oat stout
View attachment 718669

Stay safe out there folks. Double digits below zero around here until Wednesday.
View attachment 718670
Sweet global goop! Last time I endured such frigid weather was Northern Germany stuck in a fox, and walking tank guard duty. So bitterly cold I was like, screw this, jumped in the back of a deuce and a half to get out of the wind. I was of the mind if I get caught and sent to a stockade, at least I'd be warm! No such luck. Darn near froze to death. -20 with -40 wind chill wasn't my idea of Be All That You Can Be!!

image.jpg

I love it when my passions...beer and weather... intersect! (Meteorologist but not employed in weather forecasting... more of
a hobby.) Crazy, crazy weather all over North America this week! Just snow here in Ohio. Somehow we avoided the insane cold. This beer is also underwhelming (even for an NA).

Last edited:
I grew up here in Michigan but I spent many a year there in the Army and as a civilian. 4 years Ft Hood, attended Central Texas college, hung out in Austin at 6th street Rock. Of course this was in the 80s. Then graduated from St Philips college in San Antonio and worked at BAMC on Ft Sam for 12 years before retiring in 2002. I miss Calavaras lake, Lake Travis, tubing in New Braunfels on the Guadalupe, Natural Bridge Caverns. Then lived in Houston for 4 years and Fresno for 3 years. Will always consider it my home.

We moved here in 94. It was a slow steady rise until about 10yrs ago when it took off. Can't get out of our neighborhood on weekends...well, prepandemic.

Margarita... even though Im not working will be troubleshooting my fridge tomorrow. Just can't seem to get away from it.

PXL_20210215_025512039.jpg

Yep! Celsius and Fahrenheit equal out at -40. We were there earlier today with that wind chill. It’s warmed up a bit though!
Side note, I used to goto Mexico each winter with a guy from Calgary. That dude could drink some serious tequila.

It was -38ºC a couple nights ago..without the wind...wow! But hey, there's global warming...:rolleyes: (Did I turn up the heat..?) Some people can do Tequila...I am not one of them!

A couple more Collective Arts Simcoe/Mosaic DDIPA, called 'Life in the Clouds' then maybe a documentary about climbers on K2...it seems colder there!

Stay warm everyone...be safe!

clouds.jpg

It was -38ºC a couple nights ago..without the wind...wow! But hey, there's global warming...:rolleyes: (Did I turn up the heat..?) Some people can do Tequila...I am not one of them!

A couple more Collective Arts Simcoe/Mosaic DDIPA, called 'Life in the Clouds' then maybe a documentary about climbers on K2...it seems colder there!

Stay warm everyone...be safe!

View attachment 718676

Be thankful, without global warming it would've been -39.2C! 😁

We moved here in 94. It was a slow steady rise until about 10yrs ago when it took off. Can't get out of our neighborhood on weekends...well, prepandemic.

Margarita... even though Im not working will be troubleshooting my fridge tomorrow. Just can't seem to get away from it.

View attachment 718674
Wow. I spent some time in Austin back in the mid 90’s working for IBM. I thought back then the growth rate was out of control. Crazy that it’s much worse now.

Wow. I spent some time in Austin back in the mid 90’s working for IBM. I thought back then the growth rate was out of control. Crazy that it’s much worse now.

Ha! We were part of the California exodus from Santa Cruz to Austin. Remember, it was called Silicon Hills back then. Close call brother! West has exploded and traffic funnels my way...😠

Decisions decisions...
PXL_20210215_033056642.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 718673
I love it when my passions...beer and weather... intersect! (Meteorologist but not employed in weather forecasting... more of
a hobby.) Crazy, crazy weather all over North America this week! Just snow here in Ohio. Somehow we avoided the insane cold. This beer is also underwhelming (even for an NA).

Most NA are trash, unfortunately.

Most NA are trash, unfortunately.

It kinda surprising when one doesn't make a beer, it
Any you like? Clausthaler isn’t bad in my opinion.

My next option is trying some low Abv home brew. An English dark mild is next up on my brew plan.

I actually enjoyed this HOP but it's not a beer. Edit.. maybe enjoyed was a strong word. Edit edit...then again I don't think a Vanilla/Raspberry/blueberry/Milkshake IPA is a beer neither.

16133611875407158030234017788212.jpg
PXL_20210215_033056642.jpg

Last edited:
Back