What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ol' man pulling workout stuff from garage back to the media room. Maybe if it's closer....🤔

Time for a break

PXL_20210213_215944977.jpg

Lots of heavy hitters :) Isn't that what they tell you not to do on brew day because you'll inadvertently muck something up? Yup! Did that :(

This hard cider came from the apples on my tree, and whatever yeast was on the flesh. It's about a year and a half old now, and the harshness is mellowed out a lot.
PXL_20210213_202239852.PORTRAIT.jpg

Smolnisky the Cossack RIOS
Russian Imperial Oatmeal Stout
PXL_20210213_205802449.PORTRAIT.jpg

Another Smolnisky
PXL_20210213_224048582.PORTRAIT.jpg

Blended the cider and Smolnisky
PXL_20210213_205703310.PORTRAIT.jpg

Toss in a few vape pens, and me and my buddy are gonna cuddle under the blankets and take a nap.

8DD2450A-BAC2-4294-9AC4-D105BC1201EC.jpeg

So this is what I called my Mystery Wheat because I had no idea how it would taste. I changed up another recipe to replace the standard hops with all Citra and it uses a Hefeweizen yeast so I was a little concerned about the potential for clove or banana flavor. No worry. Turned out great. It’s a keeper for sure. Not over hopped, but you can taste them for sure. 🍻

I have started a habit while brewing a beer to have a commercial version of the same style kind of as a reminder of the taste profile I am going for. Today I am brewing a dubbel for the first time, and revisiting an old friend that got me started on craft beer in the first place.
CE129AF2-52F7-4A98-A8EB-E84B7BBBE092.jpeg

View attachment 718363
Fluffernut, my peanut butter marshmallow imperial stout. Head retention is crap, but it’s pretty tasty.

That's a good idea!! I have all the ingredients :)

View attachment 718482
So this is what I called my Mystery Wheat because I had no idea how it would taste. I changed up another recipe to replace the standard hops with all Citra and it uses a Hefeweizen yeast so I was a little concerned about the potential for clove or banana flavor. No worry. Turned out great. It’s a keeper for sure. Not over hopped, but you can taste them for sure. 🍻

Love the house, from what I can see. Beer is cool, too.

I had to double take when I saw Fieldworks beer.

Thanks @pshankstar great barleywine!!!
Sharing with friends !View attachment 718459
I hope you all enjoyed it. I haven’t either of my bottles yet. We leave for the Adirondacks in a few days with another family and I’m debating on what cellared beers to bring. I was thinking of doing a Big Foot vertical but 15-21 might be too much to do with just two of us drinking them, may have to wait for a larger group b/c our wives will have no interest. Maybe I’ll bring these two Naked Dove Barleywines...
Lunch beer, a Czech Pilsner.
A5C0FDAD-00F3-4676-85D2-7EFA47649DE5.jpeg

I hope you all enjoyed it. I haven’t either of my bottles yet. We leave for the Adirondacks in a few days with another family and I’m debating on what cellared beers to bring. I was thinking of doing a Big Foot vertical but 15-21 might be too much to do with just two of us drinking them, may have to wait for a larger group b/c our wives will have no interest. Maybe I’ll bring these two Naked Dove Barleywines...
Lunch beer, a Czech Pilsner.
View attachment 718581
Yeah that would be rough man! I've got some bigfoot 2020 I've been saving but that's about it! Awesome lunch!

Back