What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First pour from my attempt at a spitfire clone (not including the yeasty sacrificial first pour). Figure It should clear up some more after another pour or two. Not a dead wringer for the original but in the ballpark and a nice easy drinker which is what I was aiming for.
0F2B9B0E-EC1E-4139-BE2C-AA2AB5A71564.jpeg
1C06B295-7967-4640-9177-952D9610A3A5.jpeg

Despite the brewery not delivering to NC (likely due to NC laws being a PITA), a craft beer distributor is delivering Equilibrium to my area now. Prob the same distributor that brings us some sloop beers. Craft beer store told me they'd take requests. This beer is a little light on the palate but still pretty good.

IMG_9247.jpg

One of my favorite German styles. Have you ever had Samichlaus?
No never heard of that. Sounds good! Yeah Doppelbock my favorite German style then Helles bock then Pils. Doppelbock was the 1st German beer I tried when I was sent to Germany, Aventinus. Been in love with the style ever since (1983). I went into a local guesthaus near the base and this German girl asked me " You want a Doppelbock mit a Limon...😳 I was like what? What's a doppenboss? 😂 Dark beer she says. I was like Germans drink lemonade with beer!! 😳😳😳. Been doing it ever since. Having Shandys 25 years before it became a thing here.

No never heard of that. Sounds good! Yeah Doppelbock my favorite German style then Helles bock then Pils. Doppelbock was the 1st German beer I tried when I was sent to Germany, Aventinus. Been in love with the style ever since (1983). I went into a local guesthaus near the base and this German girl asked me " You want a Doppelbock mit a Limon...😳 I was like what? What's a doppenboss? 😂 Dark beer she says. I was like Germans drink lemonade with beer!! 😳😳😳. Been doing it ever since. Having Shandys 25 years before it became a thing here.
A shandy here and there is nice, but I LOVED them in Munich. I spent about a week there in July one year and must have drank my weight in them a few times over in the gartens. It was like the absolutely perfect concoction for the heat. I never tried it in a dark beer though. Hmmm, now you've got me thinking!

A shandy here and there is nice, but I LOVED them in Munich. I spent about a week there in July one year and must have drank my weight in them a few times over in the gartens. It was like the absolutely perfect concoction for the heat. I never tried it in a dark beer though. Hmmm, now you've got me thinking!
It's very good, I thought it was a weird crazy thing but I drink it like that all the time. I love a plain cold Doppelbock or dark sweet malty beer. But having it like a shandy is my go to. 1/4 glass of sweet lemonade with 12-16 oz dark beer. Yum! I've had a few people who tried and loved it and some hated it. To each his own I guess ! Not bad with an extra bitter either! It's just a Shanty! Yeah I went to Munich during Oktoberfest, Facshing, and to the Christmas markets several times. I was stationed in Schweinfurt, not too far from Wurzburg. I didn't want to leave! 2 years was not long enough!

A second running of the same grain bed of my RI(O)S produced this SOS (session oatmeal stout). It's 2.5% ABV, and I did two batches: one with carob powder (cocoa substitute) and one without. Carob aromas are there but no flavor; otherwise, they're identical beers. They still have a lot of flavor in spite of the low ABV, score :)
PXL_20210130_003749804~2.jpg
PXL_20210130_004220100.jpg
PXL_20210130_035343246.jpg

View attachment 716423View attachment 716424A local IPA that tasted like apple juice followed by the Kviek Lager from @JCasey1992. The Kviek Lager was delicious and makes me want to look into brewing one this spring.
That was a good one! If they didn't openly admit it, I'd have a hard time telling it was brewed with an ale yeast. Not sure if you care but I believe the strain used in that one was Lutra. Cheers!

Back