What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finished brewing my stout with a buddy, so why not drink one!
20201107_192528.jpg

HB Brown, after cleaning some bottles and getting snow removal equipment staged in prep for the blizzard which is predicted for this weekend (up to 2 ft of snow).
View attachment 705622
Yikes! We had a few flurries couple days ago and I was already tired of winter! Got a 76° reprieve this weekend! But I know The Hawk is coming

Another local IPA. Watching ND v Clemson while waiting for the next Nebraska HS volleyball championship game. Class B (2nd largest - which is still small ~800 students), and one of the teams is #1 in nation.
DAC53279-8F48-4C90-A3E2-4CB4F6A63F78.jpeg

It’s fine. Previous years were better. I actually wish they would have had Old Fezzewig Ale in the variety pack.
I agree with the taste. Good but previous years were better, more malt profile...they are not adding Old Fez to this year's winter variety pack??!! That will be a first I think. Its the biggest reason I even buy the winter variety! For the Old Fez!! I even wrote to SA years ago asking them to put out 6 packs of Old Fez and they gave a spiel about not having the market and limited brewing ability. I always save 2 from the pack and horde them for End Times 😂. Also about to order some grains for an old fez attempt. Every year my clones are too dark or hop profile is not quite right. Hoping for a keeper this attempt.

image.jpg
HB NEIPA. Really been fighting with carbonation levels with my keg setup lately. Was dealing with a mystery co2 leak. Think I solved that but may have another one. Super annoying and getting to be expensive with tank refills. The star San spray for leak test isn’t revealing it. New regulator. New gauges. New rings. Dunno what’s going on
image.jpg

View attachment 705845HB NEIPA. Really been fighting with carbonation levels with my keg setup lately. Was dealing with a mystery co2 leak. Think I solved that but may have another one. Super annoying and getting to be expensive with tank refills. The star San spray for leak test isn’t revealing it. New regulator. New gauges. New rings. Dunno what’s going on View attachment 705845
Yeah that sucks. Asinine but just walk thru and check again. Sometimes you miss something. I've lost pounds of co2 to mystery leaks only to go back over everything and find a leak where I thought I double checked. I turn off everything making sound and listen too. Sometimes you can hear a tiny leak. More often than not it's the tank main connection or hose line connect needing to be tightened just a bit more

View attachment 705845HB NEIPA. Really been fighting with carbonation levels with my keg setup lately. Was dealing with a mystery co2 leak. Think I solved that but may have another one. Super annoying and getting to be expensive with tank refills. The star San spray for leak test isn’t revealing it. New regulator. New gauges. New rings. Dunno what’s going on View attachment 705845

Maybe purge the keg and jack the pressure up to 40psi to see if you can hear the leak.

Latest posts

Back