What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weldwerks releasees this IPA about once a year and it has always been great. This year's version is no different. Yum! 😋
IMG_20201002_221124.jpg

After pedaling my bicycle 70.73 miles over the past 3 days, I'm treating myself to an Eggenberg Radler. This is an interesting beer. First time I'm having one. Online I see it's "Brewed with a mix of lemon, lime and elderberry".

Local Giant Food has a 4 pack of the Eggenberg Radler, or 4 pack of Tucher Helles Hefe Weizen or 4 pack of Bitburger Premium Pils for $5.99 for each 4 pack. Each can of the Eggenberg Radler is 1 pint 0.9 oz ( .48 L). Nice session beer at 2.4% ABV before I begin enjoying my own creations.

View attachment 701097
reading on the porch, contemplating a big change in housing. Want to get away from my crazy neighbor... (you may remember my post about him painting my trees in April.... it hasn’t gotten better)

I feel for you. I’ve got crazy Russians next to me. We are just going to put up a 6’ vinyl privacy fence on one side of the house until the kids are done with school. I wonder if they will get the point.
40A1B41A-204A-44E9-93F5-C6FDD51EFF5F.jpeg

I feel for you. I’ve got crazy Russians next to me. We are just going to put up a 6’ vinyl privacy fence on one side of the house until the kids are done with school. I wonder if they will get the point.
View attachment 701100
This guy appears to be a drunk who cares about no one but himself. (it’s pretty bad when I call someone a drunk but I’ve heard he’s had numerous DUIs including within the last year when he was asleep at a stop light). He plays music loud for 8-10 hours a day and turns a light on at night to shine at our house. He’s yelled at me from his yard and also yelled at my mom when she visited for my daughter’s birthday. We’ve talked with the police, our city council rep, and the city prosecutor. Everyone with teeth says he’s done nothing illegal. Councilwoman wishes she could help. I’m ready to extract myself from the situation, but I don’t want to sell until I have bought something new. The housing market is tight for buyers due to COVID, so we’re looking at upscaling. I’m pretty fiscally conservative, so I want to live below my means, but not next to this guy.
Still drinking my Dragons...

This guy appears to be a drunk who cares about no one but himself. (it’s pretty bad when I call someone a drunk but I’ve heard he’s had numerous DUIs including within the last year when he was asleep at a stop light). He plays music loud for 8-10 hours a day and turns a light on at night to shine at our house. He’s yelled at me from his yard and also yelled at my mom when she visited for my daughter’s birthday. We’ve talked with the police, our city council rep, and the city prosecutor. Everyone with teeth says he’s done nothing illegal. Councilwoman wishes she could help. I’m ready to extract myself from the situation, but I don’t want to sell until I have bought something new. The housing market is tight for buyers due to COVID, so we’re looking at upscaling. I’m pretty fiscally conservative, so I want to live below my means, but not next to this guy.
That sucks! I’m so sorry to hear about this. Ugh!

What’s wrong with the world is that people aren’t allowed to get ass kickings anymore.... let me rephrase, people aren’t allowed to hand out ass kickings anymore with out getting into real trouble. Sounds like your neighbor is in need of a good one.

I say the same thing about bullying.... the good kid who’s getting picked on isn’t allowed to rock the bully like when we were kids, now the kid defending himself gets in the same trouble as the bully. So if a rule follower is getting picked on they would rather take it than get in trouble by the school.

View attachment 701106
I heard this new beer from Tröegs is pretty good so I had to pick some up. The rumors are true, it is pretty darn good!
Crafting is done for today, I need more labels to add to the board.
If you are ever in my area stop by, I’ve literally saved one can from every new 4 pack I’ve gotten for the past 5 years and your more than welcome to them. I kept telling my wife they’d be worth money some day but I have a hard time believing she will let me hold onto them until that day comes lol

What’s wrong with the world is that people aren’t allowed to get ass kickings anymore.... let me rephrase, people aren’t allowed to hand out ass kickings anymore with out getting into real trouble. Sounds like your neighbor is in need of a good one.

I say the same thing about bullying.... the good kid who’s getting picked on isn’t allowed to rock the bully like when we were kids, now the kid defending himself gets in the same trouble as the bully. So if a rule follower is getting picked on they would rather take it than get in trouble by the school.

Exactly how I feel. Even a cop who responded to an incident this summer said he might be willing to kick the guys ass and take an assault charge if he were me. Unfortunately I’m the type to try to de-escalate and not be confrontational.... life is too short to live with crap like this.

View attachment 701107
@pshankstar FOTD beer. This one was pretty funky, a little off to me. Interesting beer if the mango didn’t taste rotten or something
Oh no!!! It didn’t taste like that when I picked beers for the offer. Naked Dove is our oldest and first brewery in our county, so I wanted to show some love for them. They are known for their classic styles and sours are pretty new to them too. Sorry bud. 😕

If you are ever in my area stop by, I’ve literally saved one can from every new 4 pack I’ve gotten for the past 5 years and your more than welcome to them. I kept telling my wife they’d be worth money some day but I have a hard time believing she will let me hold onto them until that day comes lol
I’ve got your number and will be in touch if that happens. Thanks bud!
My wife said “Great now the neighbors will really think we are alcoholics. Well you b/c I don’t drink much”.
LOL I really don’t care what my neighbors think. Honestly our new neighbor and I usually meet up for beers when we can given our work schedules don’t always match. Speaking of which, he should be over soon as I’m now roasting cofffee in the garage.

Back