What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This guy appears to be a drunk who cares about no one but himself. (it’s pretty bad when I call someone a drunk but I’ve heard he’s had numerous DUIs including within the last year when he was asleep at a stop light). He plays music loud for 8-10 hours a day and turns a light on at night to shine at our house. He’s yelled at me from his yard and also yelled at my mom when she visited for my daughter’s birthday. We’ve talked with the police, our city council rep, and the city prosecutor. Everyone with teeth says he’s done nothing illegal. Councilwoman wishes she could help. I’m ready to extract myself from the situation, but I don’t want to sell until I have bought something new. The housing market is tight for buyers due to COVID, so we’re looking at upscaling. I’m pretty fiscally conservative, so I want to live below my means, but not next to this guy.
Still drinking my Dragons...

Well I’d sure hate to see his house go up in flames when he’s not home!!! 😏

8D75B4E3-217D-4152-81E3-309F85C83D89.jpeg

HB 90 Shilling clone whilst bottling the same for some FotHB trade action. Then, I need to gather all my gear for a pronghorn antelope hunt with my son tomorrow.
View attachment 700984
I just realized they’re actually in used Odell bottles even. (Maybe that’ll make em taste better)!

Is Odell stamped on the glass anywhere?

This guy appears to be a drunk who cares about no one but himself. (it’s pretty bad when I call someone a drunk but I’ve heard he’s had numerous DUIs including within the last year when he was asleep at a stop light). He plays music loud for 8-10 hours a day and turns a light on at night to shine at our house. He’s yelled at me from his yard and also yelled at my mom when she visited for my daughter’s birthday. We’ve talked with the police, our city council rep, and the city prosecutor. Everyone with teeth says he’s done nothing illegal. Councilwoman wishes she could help. I’m ready to extract myself from the situation, but I don’t want to sell until I have bought something new. The housing market is tight for buyers due to COVID, so we’re looking at upscaling. I’m pretty fiscally conservative, so I want to live below my means, but not next to this guy.
Still drinking my Dragons...

Sorry for your struggles. I have advice but they're all aggressive (and legal) pay backs. Put up an 8ft property fence between your properties? Have you tried confronting him? I had to with my gun toting azzhole Constable neighbor. Never a problem since but this is clearly a different situation.

Probably night cap...4x12hrs coming up.
PXL_20201003_232420202.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for your struggles. I have advice but they're all aggressive (and legal) pay backs. Put up an 8ft property fence between your properties? Have you tried confronting him? I had to with my gun toting azzhole Constable neighbor. Never a problem since but this is clearly a different situation.

Probably night cap...4x12hrs coming up.
View attachment 701119
I’ve thought about as many possibilities as I can. City has ordinances on fence height and openness... tried to talk to him and he started talking $hit about my wife and kids. We talked to our neighbors across the street this summer (we live on a busy street with no sidewalks and it takes an effort to cross the street to chat) and they told us he’s been telling them for two years that we’re horrible people and we abuse our kids. apparently it’s all free speech if there aren’t threats of violence.

Unfortunately moving is probably best.

I’ve been keeping this in for months but I’ll be back to posting beer after this...

best of luck on the long shifts @PianoMan.

Last edited:
How do you eat pronghorn? How game-y?
I actually prefer it to deer, but some people think I’m weird. We save the steaks that come off the top of the spine (New York strip in beef) then grind everything else into hamburger. We eat it in everything you’d use ground beef for. If it’s not run to death before it’s shot and handled properly after the kill, I don’t think it’s all that game-y.

Last edited:
Oh no!!! It didn’t taste like that when I picked beers for the offer. Naked Dove is our oldest and first brewery in our county, so I wanted to show some love for them. They are known for their classic styles and sours are pretty new to them too. Sorry bud. 😕

no worries! Lots of other good beers in the shipment!

CEF55745-8252-482F-9025-F8C2079A080A.jpeg

I actually prefer it to deer, but some people think I’m weird. We save the steaks that come off the top of the spine (New York strip in beef) then grind everything else into hamburger. We eat in in everything you’d use ground beef for. If it’s not run to death before it’s shot and handled properly after the kill, I don’t think it’s all that game-y.

The tenderloin/fish is the best part indeed :)

Pronghorn jerky? Is that a thing?

Sounds good either way...had a few grazers but never a pronghorn.

Latest posts

Back