What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First time trying this American Classic and I can hear your screams from here "What do you live under a rock?!?!"
20200912_231326.jpg

La Fin Du Mond is moderately available to me, but I’ve yet to see this on any shelves. I’d say the closest I get is the annual Trader Joe’s Vintage Ale. Now I need to find this and try it.

Not sure why, but I’m more surprised there are Trader Joes in your area than lack of La Fin du Monde. Didnt realize they were nation wide. They were always the neighborhood hippie store in Southern Cal.

Pliny the Younger clone. Had the Elder, not the Younger. But this one is tasty.
View attachment 698182

I don’t think Russian River ever released Younger in bottles/cans until this year. Its a solid beer though

I’m a big fan of Solid Ground. Doesn't hurt they’re 20 minutes away. If those are Blackberry brambles, you’ve got your work cut out for you. May your luck be good and your gloves thick.

Tonight, I’m enjoying a Paulander Oktoberfest and some prickly pear hard seltzer thing I found at costco for the wife but is surprisingly decent.

I’m a big fan of Solid Ground. Doesn't hurt they’re 20 minutes away. If those are Blackberry brambles, you’ve got your work cut out for you. May your luck be good and your gloves thick.

They are, and boy do I know!! I have taken them to the ground twice over the years, and they grow back thicker and thicker, but I just let them go hog wild. This will be the first year I attempt and managing the size, but I am also really quite lazy about some stuff, so...

I've get a few dozen puncture wounds and scratches especially after two beers during the summer. I'm out there topless stretching into the bush for a berry.

Anyways, the worst one was pruning it one year (the city cited me for it taking over the sidewalk after neighbors complained they couldn't walk down it. (You couldn't walk down it.) Anyways, I am a good neighbor now. The thick stalks that don't produce are the issue, and I cut one really big one (probably 3/4" thick). That was apparently holding the tension of another really big one because it was like Looney Toons. I saw a branch come flying at my face, and it struck my cheek...to the point that it was stuck in the side of my face.

Worth it - I just dumped 4.5lbs of blackberry juice (I use the whatchamacallit to get the juice out of them) in a beer that I'm making with my homegrown hops. I do that each year : )

Edit: I do not wear gloves when working with it; it gave me a false sense of security. It's easier now to either use the pruners (90% of the time I do) or be selected on where you put the two fingers you are going to use to dispose of the branch.

Anyways, tomorrow should be fun. I think I'll have a beer (or two) first.

Latest posts

Back