What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His peanut butter is better ;)
I wondered why my ears were burning lol. I need to send you more of that next time I get the chance.

Today's damage.
20200225_200508.jpeg

10, 5, whirlpool and then dry hop in increasing amounts. Great flavors and would agree it’s best post boil if you are combining with other hops. I quite enjoy them too!

View attachment 668168
View attachment 668169

Nice!
I think my next batch will be at 5, 0, whirlpool and dry hop instead of starting at 15 min and on. Thanks for the info.[emoji482]

Catching up on the homebrew lately. Not drinking much commercial beer these days. Did split a liter of Ommegang 3 Philosophers last nite. Other than that it's:
Pliny the Elder clone brewed from Russian River kit from MoreBeer
NB Chocolate Milk Stout
NB De Belge Farmhouse IPA
NB Patersbier
NB Wee Heavy
How's the stout?

Is that Po' Boy? Did they get any better? I went once I felt it was enough
Better, yes. Best around? Not there yet, but it has gotten rather popular and his stouts are usually very good, actually he has a coconut imperial on tap (a little sweeter than I would like) that was really tasty.
I’m drinking :coff4: right now.

How's the stout?
I bought it as an all-grain 3 gal kit and it is surprisingly excellent. It uses lactose sugar and cacao nibs and there is just a hint of chocolate and some coffee in there. Not too sweet. The body is not too heavy and it's not dry and bacony like some stouts. I can only stand one at a time of most stouts like Guinness, but this is very drinkable. I used some Danstar Nottingham dry yeast I had on-hand and it worked out well. I was in a hurry to get that kit out of the way because I was itching to brew the Pliny. I kegged 2.5 gals of it and bottled 4 pints. I have one pint and about a gal in the keg still. I will definitely brew it again.

*note - this kit came with instructions that referenced amounts of lactose sugar and cacao nibs that were less than the amount in the ingredient packets. I tried to get some clarification from NB, but they never really gave me a straight answer about using it all or what. I figured they must be pre-packaged for a 5-gal kit so I measured out the amounts based on the descriptions in the instructions ("use a little more than half the lactose sugar" and "use 3/4 of the included cacao nibs") and it was spot-on. Next time it shouldn't be a problem cause I'll brew 5-gal. I like to do half batches of kits I'm brewing for the first time so I don't get stuck with so much if it's not that great.

Last edited:
Back