What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time for a little sunshine after all the rain the last 2 days.

06812D11-02AF-47BB-AC77-3461E42EFEF4.jpeg

Am I in the minority? I don't recognize 90%, probably much higher, of the beers here, meaning, I've never seen them or heard of them. Don't get me wrong, I like viewing them. The range and number is just baffling.

I think this isn’t uncommon since there are over 7,000 breweries in the USA. I’m not sure what the global number is but I find myself thinking the same as you. Then it leads me down a rabbit hole reading about the brewery or beer itself.

Am I in the minority? I don't recognize 90%, probably much higher, of the beers here, meaning, I've never seen them or heard of them. Don't get me wrong, I like viewing them. The range and number is just baffling.
That's the best thing about this group no judging or snobbery. A wide diversity. I use to drink just a couple of main go to's until Untapped and this. There's still views on people that try and don't get a certain style but that's what's good about the variety of posts. It's experimentation to opening views. New England is finally getting more west coast but completely empty from the Midwest. So, I'm always curious to see what's from there. I know when I travel and see beers that are mentioned here as favs gives me a little knowledge on venturing into something new/different. Try the Schlitz!

Myself, and i beleive many others, drink, and post a lot of very local stuff. 75% of the beer i buy is NC only. Part of what i enjoy about this thread is seeing whats happening in other parts of the country with beer trends at breweries ive never heard of.

I'm right there with you!
Yeah, I consider myself relatively familiar with beer but I get utterly lost in the cans and the bottles. I do enjoy viewing a magically hanging pint connected to the glass. Still don't know--and don't want to know because it'll spoil the fun--how they do it.

Myself, and i beleive many others, drink, and post a lot of very local stuff. 75% of the beer i buy is NC only. Part of what i enjoy about this thread is seeing whats happening in other parts of the country with beer trends at breweries ive never heard of.
I guess I was hoping that was the case. Seeing what's happening around the country is great. From what I've gathered recently from responses as far as number of breweries, there's no way I could keep up with everything.

IMG_0212.JPG

Makes me miss Tin Man apricot sour. Great beer out of Evansville, IN but they went out of business. From what I heard, the owner won the lottery (literally) and opened a brewery with the money. Didn’t last though.... some of their beer was good but the apricot sour was fantastic!

Last edited:

Definitely not in the minority. This thread is refreshing as it reminds me that there are more breweries out there than Other Half, Tree House, Trillium, etc.

There's so many top notch breweries around me here in NC that I don't even really care that much if I ever get to try any of those others.

Back