What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Azacca blonde ale. Running out of these in a hurry.

65765574-8202-48A9-9001-9A7B4499D5AB.jpeg

next batch
That's cool. I'm still trying to get my Belgian Tripel in the ballpark of Dragonmead Final Absolution. They're good and complex but that's not the hard part. I think the yeast is something I need to address--skip the dry and go for what that giant thread on this particular beer mentions.

That's cool. I'm still trying to get my Belgian Tripel in the ballpark of Dragonmead Final Absolution. They're good and complex but that's not the hard part. I think the yeast is something I need to address--skip the dry and go for what that giant thread on this particular beer mentions.

I usually start with the Westmalle recipe, but then end up trying various tweaks, mostly in ABV, and flavors.

Very nice. Never had the pleasure of driving a 3 speed.
I learned on my older brother's Mercury Capri. He yelled at me for two hours straight. The next time I drove a stick was when I bought an '88 Beretta GT and drove it off the lot. All that yelling turned into information and stuck somehow.
Growing up on a farm, I can drive damn near anything with a clutch (even a hand clutch, for those familiar with vintage/antique tractors) This is what I drive every day... 18 forward gears and 2 reverse.
35235C8F-5CAC-47AB-90DD-39A7FC3AE84E.jpeg CC10FD58-C616-479B-8E88-618F88E2685B.jpeg

... on topic— HB Schwarzbier
A76DCCA8-034A-4363-AE9F-5A4D445EAEA4.jpeg

Westmalle
Family loves that recipe, if it's the same one. I use the one from Brew Your Own 250 recipes. I think the sweet spot for ABV on that one is wide. 11% is very nice. As soon as I can get this Final Absolution clone where I like it, I can experiment a bit.

his is what I drive every day..
That's great. I'll leave those big ones to the pros.
I drove some large rental truck one time to help my sister with a move and the gears were upside down, as in first started on the bottom right. That took a minute. Plus he tossed a quart of some fluid on the passenger seat--steering fluid I think--and said, "Just in case."

Growing up on a farm, I can drive damn near anything with a clutch (even a hand clutch, for those familiar with vintage/antique tractors) This is what I drive every day... 18 forward gears and 2 reverse.
View attachment 655524 View attachment 655523

... on topic— HB Schwarzbier
View attachment 655525
We’ve got 2 semis on our farm. One has a 9 OD, the other an old school 15 OD with the 4/9 and 5/10 holes reversed. That one makes the younger folks scratch their heads a bit.

Family loves that recipe, if it's the same one. I use the one from Brew Your Own 250 recipes. I think the sweet spot for ABV on that one is wide. 11% is very nice. As soon as I can get this Final Absolution clone where I like it, I can experiment a bit.

This is the updated 300 recipe version.
12.75 lbs pilsner and 2 lbs sugar.
I just use that as a base for experimentation. The one pictured I also added 2 pounds of peloncillo sugar, sweet and bitter orange peel, and fermented on a blend of WLP530 and Lallemand Abbaye. Maturing now, will cold crash beginning next week.

That's great. I'll leave those big ones to the pros.
I drove some large rental truck one time to help my sister with a move and the gears were upside down, as in first started on the bottom right. That took a minute. Plus he tossed a quart of some fluid on the passenger seat--steering fluid I think--and said, "Just in case."
Woops! Quoted the wrong post! This was for @camonick

Yup. Everything with a motor and 2 wheels has a hand clutch!

Since I 'm low on HB, a little CC 1858.

View attachment 655522
Been outta HB for too long now, planning to brew a double ipa this weekend. One of the trade offs to traveling and working remotely full time. But honestly there is plenty o good brew out there to fill in the gaps between brew days. but i do miss having multiple taps of my own brew at my disposal. I don't mind drinking alone or wit my peeps...kinda smacked...cheers

Been outta HB for too long now, planning to brew a double ipa this weekend. One of the trade offs to traveling and working remotely full time. But honestly there is plenty o good brew out there to fill in the gaps between brew days. but i do miss having multiple taps of my own brew at my disposal. I don't mind drinking alone or wit my peeps...kinda smacked...cheers

Dude! I'm gonna have to pop an RIS for you!

It's becoming a lost skill, unfortunately. I just find them so much more fun and entertaining to drive, gives me something to do.
But they aren't for everyone.

I always had fun when I had mine. But they suck in traffic, adds one more thing to complicate driving while intoxicated, and makes it tricky to eat while driving.

I solved the fun to drive part by buying a luxury car with an extremely powerful engine, advanced automatic transmission and all wheel drive.

Latest posts

Back