What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_7017.JPG

Guava IPA - This is just for FotD taste testing; don't get your panties in a wad. No one likes IPAs. Anyways, this is primarily to test my new stomach medication BEFORE I go on vacation...unfortunately the only way to know if it works is to wreck my guts. So, here's one for the team!
IMG_20190103_092249.jpg

IMG_20190103_093200.jpg

My Vanilla Cream Ale. Pure vanilla has gotten very expensive over the past few years. Used to purchase a large bottle at Costco. The bottles are unbelievably expensive now due to the fake shortage in Madagascar. BJ's Warehouse has the bottle locked up!

Friends recently visited Mexico. They found bottles of pure vanilla for reasonable prices. They bring us some back. Unfortunately, the pure vanilla from Mexico is NOT the same as the version in the USA.

Perhaps, the vanilla bean extraction in Mexico is different?

Is OK, but different.

8A627822-BF5E-48A9-BA36-1AF019D91591.jpeg
My Vanilla Cream Ale. Pure vanilla has gotten very expensive over the past few years. Used to purchase a large bottle at Costco. The bottles are now unbelievably expense now due to the fake shortage in Madagascar. BJ's Warehouse has the bottle locked up!

Friends recently visited Mexico. They found bottles of pure vanilla for reasonable prices. They bring us some back. Unfortunately, the pure vanilla from Mexico is NOT the same as the version in the USA.

Perhaps, the vanilla bean extraction in Mexico is different?

Is OK, but different.
My mother in law brought this large bottle back from Mexico a few years ago and I use it for all of my vanilla beers. I think it taste great but I’ve no experience with Madagascar to compare

Latest posts

Back