What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evening coffee

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_3591.JPG

Nice glass!! Cleaning the Behmor. Figured I should crack open a beer while it does the dry burn phase. The kids are in bed and the wife is playing the piano I got her for her birthday today. [emoji3] So why not clean my birthday toy, the Behmor.

View attachment 602178

Nice glass!! Cleaning the Behmor. Figured I should crack open a beer while it does the dry burn phase. The kids are in bed and the wife is playing the piano I got her for her birthday today. [emoji3] So why not clean my birthday toy, the Behmor.

Speaking of, I’m due for a full tear down.

A piano?! Damn, that’s quite a gift.

Speaking of, I’m due for a full tear down.

A piano?! Damn, that’s quite a gift.

She played the piano from 3rd grade through high school, but didn’t in college. She has a full size electric keyboard (from college years) but said it was never like a real piano. After being married for 11.5 years, I figured it was time to surprise her with one. Thankfully we have good friends who’s a music teacher. So he helped me find the right one, used off of Craigslist. She hasn’t stopped playing all afternoon and evening while we have been home. It’s awesome, I’m not going to lie. So I’ll sit back, listen and enjoy a beer or two.

IMG_0513.JPG

She played the piano from 3rd grade through high school, but didn’t in college. She has a full size electric keyboard (from college years) but said it was never like a real piano. After being married for 11.5 years, I figured it was time to surprise her with one. Thankfully we have good friends who’s a music teacher. So he helped me find the right one, used off of Craigslist. She hasn’t stopped playing all afternoon and evening while we have been home. It’s awesome, I’m not going to lie. So I’ll sit back, listen and enjoy a beer or two.

View attachment 602183

Somebody is getting lucky tonight!!!!

View attachment 602183

Bravo, sir. Job well done.

Somebody is getting lucky tonight!!!!
Hahaha Maybe, but that’s if she gets off of the piano. She will probably get lost in playing it until midnight or later. I can’t blame her, she even said “its like therapy for her”.

Bravo, sir. Job well done.
Thank you for the kind words.

Wife and I both played in our younger days and have an upright that came out of a very old school building that belonged to her grandmother.

It's currently occupying unused hall space and can't be tuned without significant investment.

There are times I wish I could still play. Good job on the gift

On a side note to my fellow beer drinkers. My wife bought me a nice wooden display of the USA (birthday present for me) and it has a spot for a beer cap in each state. Do you all have any recommendations on a bottle cap opener that minimizes the impact on the cap? I’m sure I could be careful with what I have and make it work, but thought I would ask for input and suggestions. Thanks and cheers!

View attachment 602183
That is great, you have scored major brownie points [emoji1]

On a side note to my fellow beer drinkers. My wife bought me a nice wooden display of the USA (birthday present for me) and it has a spot for a beer cap in each state. Do you all have any recommendations on a bottle cap opener that minimizes the impact on the cap? I’m sure I could be careful with what I have and make it work, but thought I would ask for input and suggestions. Thanks and cheers!
Use a quarter between cap and opener. Very little if any damage to the cap

Back