What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a king salmon or similar, huge effing trout if so. Although they become salmon once they hit salt water.

Salmon are salmon and trout are trout :)
Some trout (Rainbow) will migrate to the ocean to live and return to rivers to spawn and are called Steelhead. Steelhead will migrate up and down the river to spawn many times in their lifecycle but salmon will only return to a river when ready to spawn and then die after spawning. A rainbow trout can be a steelhead but a steelhead is never a trout, and neither are a salmon :)

enough diatribe...gonna go grab a beer!

I killed a horse. Too bad there is only a sip left.

IMG_0001.JPG

E001F652-507B-4562-A997-4413203129D4.jpeg
Salmon are salmon and trout are trout :)
Some trout (Rainbow) will migrate to the ocean to live and return to rivers to spawn and are called Steelhead. Steelhead will migrate up and down the river to spawn many times in their lifecycle but salmon will only return to a river when ready to spawn and then die after spawning. A rainbow trout can be a steelhead but a steelhead is never a trout, and neither are a salmon :)

enough diatribe...gonna go grab a beer!

Spoken like a true fisherman or a fishery biologist. I love fishing for steelhead in the Salmon River up in Pulaski NY.

I'm drinking an Irish Creme Ale. It's not my best effort, but still very tasty. The best 5 gallons I ever brewed was a "Who's In the Garden Grand Cru Ale" from The New Joy Of Homebrewing and I'm brewing it again tomorrow morning. My yeast starter will be good by then! How will I sleep?

Yep, party of 2 lastnight..but wife fell asleep so can't show the inappropriate pics.

Coffee...working toward brewing. Need something to occupy my mind while the Huskers get taken back and slaughtered.

Come through. It smells like mesquite here.

SN NEIPA
IMG_5134.JPG

Come through. It smells like mesquite here.

SN NEIPA
View attachment 589298
Love to try that NE brisket! Your starting kinda late tho..[emoji39].

Back to full 6gal batch all grains. Besides a couple brews...fukk those 3.5gal PMs. 2018 beer quality just wasn't up to par. Doing a Remmy inspired Tart Cherry Quad. Using coffee cup..wife will never know...[emoji6]
20180922_105649.jpeg

Back