What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Fieldwork Brewing Monterey.
Ghost of a Hop
aviary-image-1531003525365.jpg
Hmmm.... Sitting outside in Monterey drinking beer? That's gotta suk :)

Having a bottle of my Blackberry brown. It turned out to be one I'm gonna brew again. It's low ABV and very drinkable...

It’s been less sour and more complex, which is nice. It’s a flavor that I’ve never experienced. I imagine the jasmine pearl tea was the culprit.

Exactly! The RB stuff from ‘17 really took a big turn in the sourness levels. And for the better, I think! The stuff I have from ‘16 (I think I sent you some?) is way more hardcore-sour, and it’s incredible, but the recent stuff is feeling more balanced and nuanced throughout. There’s tons of complexity in all of their stuff.

Exactly! The RB stuff from ‘17 really took a big turn in the sourness levels. And for the better, I think! The stuff I have from ‘16 (I think I sent you some?) is way more hardcore-sour, and it’s incredible, but the recent stuff is feeling more balanced and nuanced throughout. There’s tons of complexity in all of their stuff.

I’ve had 3 of the 4 so far. The first 2 were from 16 and super sour. The 17 was less. I feel like the 17 was more complex and creative. It used different ingredients instead of relying on fruit and yeast. This is all judgement based on limited sampling obviously.

Based on all of the sours that I’ve been drinking lately, I feel like I gravitate towards Flanders red or something new age with lots of fruit but lower on the sour scale. Though some complexity has been nice and is always interesting to drink.

Last edited:
Back