What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First ever official SMaSH beer and I couldn't even do that right..Vienna Simcoe smash pale with 1% chocolate malt for the color. Little lighter in person, it's a wonderful copper color.
12508866_974750260920_5059369830289962171_n.jpg

The more I drink, the more I learn.

I've got this 4% stout I'm drinking. Based it on my dry Irish stout. Bumped the roasted barley down to .75lb and added 1.5 Lb of crystal 120.

Initially it tasted like crap. Super strong of dark stone fruit like plum. I was convinced my 'experiment' was a waste.

4 weeks in the bottle, the dark fruit taste has all but disappeared giving room for the roasted flavours to pull through.

All in all, this is a fairly nice easy drinker at 4% ABV.

The more I drink, the more I learn.

I've got this 4% stout I'm drinking. Based it on my dry Irish stout. Bumped the roasted barley down to .75lb and added 1.5 Lb of crystal 120.

Initially it tasted like crap. Super strong of dark stone fruit like plum. I was convinced my 'experiment' was a waste.

4 weeks in the bottle, the dark fruit taste has all but disappeared giving room for the roasted flavours to pull through.

All in all, this is a fairly nice easy drinker at 4% ABV.

Give me all the stone fruit beers. Love a great quad or Dark Strong or even stout with that flavor.

In your pic download/editor software, rotate pic. Then save it that way. You can then upload to a site like photobucket to upload it here.

How do I make the pic not sideways?

I've learned to turn my phone to the side position, think 16:9. No more tweaking the pics.

1st Boubon Barrel attempt. Force carbed yesterday. That's the way to go! Retail price of $300, what a great hobby! Came out clean. Maybe more oak and bourbon next time. Was conservative for 1st attempt.

View attachment 1452790989766.jpg

Yeah, I also have to turn my cell phone sideways to get the right pic orientation. Otherwise, it can be done with the software, like the ones given with printer software.

Anyone else catch Norther Brewer 3 all grain kits for $20.16 each/deal? Couldn't resist.

Just saw this....have never ordered from them before.

What did you go with? Not really sure some are that great now looking at it. The two hearted clone I just priced out at $24.18 at my LHBS. The other ones would likely be even cheaper.

Abita Tubodog...

From the back label:
Turbodog is a dark brown ale brewed with pale, caramel and chocolate malts and Williamette hops.This combination gives Turbodog its rich body and color and a sweet chocolate, toffee-like flavor.

Absolutely agree! Some good stuff!

Abita Turbodog.jpg

HB! :D 1st bottle from my 2nd batch..A Mr Beer extract, Bavarian Weissbeir. Bottle on 1/2/16 so 13 days conditioning..A bit cloudy as I was being acquisitive when I pulled it out of the closet and tipped it upside down checking sediment, resulting in said sediment to mix in beer..LOL..Oh well..Now, the taste..Not bad..Drinkable, nicely carbed, had good head retention(stayed for about a minute after I took the picture)..So, I think it is a success! Not a complex taste, but pleasant enough to be readily drinkable I think. :) Cheers!

3 guesses what the bottle originally contained? Yes, beer, but WHAT beer?

1st bottle 2nd batch bavarian weissbeir.jpg

No pics but I just got home from my first local brewers club meeting. Had a sample of everything under the sun!

HB! :D 1st bottle from my 2nd batch..A Mr Beer extract, Bavarian Weissbeir. Bottle on 1/2/16 so 13 days conditioning..A bit cloudy as I was being acquisitive when I pulled it out of the closet and tipped it upside down checking sediment, resulting in said sediment to mix in beer..LOL..Oh well..Now, the taste..Not bad..Drinkable, nicely carbed, had good head retention(stayed for about a minute after I took the picture)..So, I think it is a success! Not a complex taste, but pleasant enough to be readily drinkable I think. :) Cheers!

3 guesses what the bottle originally contained? Yes, beer, but WHAT beer?

Looks like the same bottles that I have from Excel brewing co.

Back