What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's interesting how similar in volume the scientific sample and the unscientific whiskely chaser are. Happy coincidence I guess.

That was intended.

(no, it wasn't)

I heard somewhere that the most scientific sample possible is approx. 10 oz.

(no, I didn't)

Hydro sample of my BCBS (sort of) clone. Went from 1.120 to 1.022 for an ABV of 14.65%. Little hot, but I just brewed it Friday so....

The color is too light, but this is going to be a winner.
View attachment 315239

Nice. I need to get my RIS going. Have a barelywine sitting at 10% right now. Wish it was a little higher but I have a ~6gals (didnt boil enough but ok). The RIS will be higher for sure

tztd0.jpg

Cooper's gave my IIPA an 8.66%, the regular one in the link gave the same. alternate formula gave 9.27%? OG was 1.082, FG thus far 1.016.

The longer one is supposed to take real extract into account (actual residual sugar) and real attenuation (actual sugar consumed) and not just apparent extract (FG) or apparent attenuation.

If I recall correctly.

I actually charted the difference once. Don't remember what I did with it, but the they go back and forth up to about 6% and then widen, and above 10% it widens substantially. If you kept the difference between OG and FG the same but raised/lowered (ie 1.060/1.005 and 1.070/1.015) the difference changed as well, but I don't recall it being major.

I'll have to see if I can find my chart. I suppose I could make it again.

Found this in the local bottle shop. Reminds me of Sculpin. A little less sweet.

View attachment 315251

I've heard it's got quite the 'air freshener' quality... you picking any of that up? Maybe yellow grapefruit and pithy oranges? A bit of kumquat maybe? Or roasted apricots that were smashed in a driveway, then rubbed down with pine tree air fresheners?

So, you're saying I have to be sober?

Start sober. Of course, unless you're drinking water you can only test the ABV on one beer a day...

I've heard it's got quite the 'air freshener' quality... you picking any of that up? Maybe yellow grapefruit and pithy oranges? A bit of kumquat maybe? Or roasted apricots that were smashed in a driveway, then rubbed down with pine tree air fresheners?

Don't forget the grapefruit hops ...

More water.

Well, I use an orange oil air freshener so I guess there is a bit of that. The scent is a very faint grapefruit/pith, initially it's rather sweet, and then it leaves the resiny tartness on the tongue.

Just so you know I'm legit, I've attached my LinkedIn profile pic.

photo.jpg

Back