What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Water. Thinking it may be time to hit a doctor up for drugs for my back. I thought I would be okay by now.

I'm starting to get worried. I think @Psylocide may have ran himself over with his 4-wheeler this weekend.

*pours out a Full-throttle Blue agave for his homie*

@pointcity-homebrew will you eventually put a magnet in them? I am a moron, this is fact, but I walked by and touched it to the fridge and it fell. I giggled at my stupidity.

Yes I have magnets coming in and will be putting them in, I have contacted all of the people whom ordered last week and gave them the option to go ahead and ship or wait ~ 1 week and have the magnets installed.

Bottle conditioned kombucha...capped on 5/3 and it's really good now. Not too sweet, but enough residual from bottling to keep it from being too dry. Yum.

IMG_20150720_102958964.jpg

Anyone... ever use pears for a beer? Realized we have a few pear trees in our backyard that are covered in fruit. No idea what I'm going to do with them.

Oh, checked on my hard apple cider that I've had aging. It was kind of a project that I started and just bailed on after racking it, post fermentation. Tasted it over the weekend to see if it would be infected or something so I could just dump it.. instead, at 9 months tastes amazing.

Will be bottling Wednesday. Using it as a learning experience. Carbing half in bottles. Couple uncarbed in wine bottles and a few in spiced rum bottles.

Bored at work, as you can see. Going back to coffee now.

What did you do????

I wish I had some amazing tale to tell, but I do not. Woke up find Wednesday morning, got gas, hopped in my truck, the second I turned the key I was frozen in pain. It was the oddest thing ever. I mean, I'm not exactly young, but I'm not exactly old and I'd like to believe I can pump gas for many more years to come without incident.

Coke with lunch.

What's the deal with the openers? Sorry if there was a post about it, I've been busy and don't keep up with you's guys as much as of late.

Just a hobby or new business adventure? Like to see a picture if you've got one.

Started out as a hobby, I would send them out in trades and BIF packages etc...

I was approached by a local club whom wanted to order a few for their members and suggested that I start selling them. So here I am, giving it a go.

Here are a few that I just finished, no hardware installed yet.

View attachment 291259

How awesome are these? Totally awesome
I'll also accept '****ing awesome' as an alternative response

Attachments

• 1437411901542.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 38
Yes I have magnets coming in and will be putting them in, I have contacted all of the people whom ordered last week and gave them the option to go ahead and ship or wait ~ 1 week and have the magnets installed.

Nice. I hope you didn't take it as a complaint. I was just laughing at myself because I casually walked by and it fell to the ground. Kind of apropos for the weekend.

How awesome are these? Totally awesome
I'll also accept '****ing awesome' as an alternative response

Ok. I may have to get one of those, the kona probably looks neat. Once my wallet recovers I'll look into it. I need a dedicated opener for when I can stock up my collection again.

I wish I had some amazing tale to tell, but I do not. Woke up find Wednesday morning, got gas, hopped in my truck, the second I turned the key I was frozen in pain. It was the oddest thing ever. I mean, I'm not exactly young, but I'm not exactly old and I'd like to believe I can pump gas for many more years to come without incident.

Coke with lunch.

Not for nothing, but I had back surgery when I was 29ish. I put it off for 5 years before that; so for five years or so I dealt with blinding pain that would frequently paralyze my legs from the waste down. I have this condition that causes severe damage to the spinal cord and nerves. They wanted to do a major operational that would of side lined me for atleast 8 months. I said no dice, trim up the discs, replace them, do whatever...no rods, plates or fused bone. I still have some wicked pain from time to time, but no way in hell am I going to be confined for a long period of time to therapy. I have way too much beer to drink.

With your pain, do you have pain, pins and needles or numbness on the bottom of your feet?

Water. Swamp-ass season is back with a vengeance! So last week I ordered a new kitchen scale from Amazon because my current one will jump up and down by an ounce without anything being added (so I'm worried about my hop additions.) It was scheduled to arrive yesterday (I have prime) and when I got back from dropping my son off at camp, I didn't find it in the mailbox or porch. So I checked the status and it said it had been delivered. I checked outside again and even with the next door neighbor and nowhere to be found. Not worried too much since I don't need to dry hop until this evening, I just waited and sure enough when the mail was delivered today the scale was there. So I wrote Amazon to let them know that USPS basically lied about delivering it yesterday (mostly to ensure they don't pay USPS for Sunday delivery when they blatantly lied about it.) I get a reply back apologizing about the lost package and refunding my money. Sigh. :(

Now I'm in a quandary of just saying 'eff it, not my fault they can't read or do I spend many frustrating minutes trying got get them to understand I got it, just not when USPS said I got it?

Water. Swamp-ass season is back with a vengeance! So last week I ordered a new kitchen scale from Amazon because my current one will jump up and down by an ounce without anything being added (so I'm worried about my hop additions.) It was scheduled to arrive yesterday (I have prime) and when I got back from dropping my son off at camp, I didn't find it in the mailbox or porch. So I checked the status and it said it had been delivered. I checked outside again and even with the next door neighbor and nowhere to be found. Not worried too much since I don't need to dry hop until this evening, I just waited and sure enough when the mail was delivered today the scale was there. So I wrote Amazon to let them know that USPS basically lied about delivering it yesterday (mostly to ensure they don't pay USPS for Sunday delivery when they blatantly lied about it.) I get a reply back apologizing about the lost package and refunding my money. Sigh. :(

Now I'm in a quandary of just saying 'eff it, not my fault they can't read or do I spend many frustrating minutes trying got get them to understand I got it, just not when USPS said I got it?

I've had mixed results with Amazons notifications beeing off a day either side of delivery.

I hate USPS, they mark stuff as delivered that shows up a day or two later. Have had the same happen numerous times.

Coke with lunch.

I hope you feel better soon. I had terrible back pain for about two months last summer. Lots of drugs, ice, and PT. It still acts up from time to time but nothing like it was doing.

Hello, sorry to hear about your back pain! Anyone who has continuous back pain or needs a knee/hip/joint replacement, or any sort of disease that damages the body physically, consider stem cell therapy. Truly amazing outpatient procedure. They use your own stem cells, so your body cant reject it, to build ligaments, tendons, cartilage and muscles back to normal. 80 something percent success rate. If I were to consider this procedure myself I would be sold on the fact that there cannot be negative side effects. The absolute worst possible outcome is it doesn't work.
http://kansasrmc.com/

Nice. I hope you didn't take it as a complaint. I was just laughing at myself because I casually walked by and it fell to the ground. Kind of apropos for the weekend.

I took no offense, I was trying to not be a Richard head and have it appear that I am copying another openers designs/ features. The more I thought about it, I came to the realization that there are differences between the designs and I will not subtract from functionality.

I have ordered the magnets and will be installing them as soon as they get in. Since the opening mechanism is almost flush with the opener body, you will be able to display the design.

Not for nothing, but I had back surgery when I was 29ish. I put it off for 5 years before that; so for five years or so I dealt with blinding pain that would frequently paralyze my legs from the waste down. I have this condition that causes severe damage to the spinal cord and nerves. They wanted to do a major operational that would of side lined me for atleast 8 months. I said no dice, trim up the discs, replace them, do whatever...no rods, plates or fused bone. I still have some wicked pain from time to time, but no way in hell am I going to be confined for a long period of time to therapy. I have way too much beer to drink.

With your pain, do you have pain, pins and needles or numbness on the bottom of your feet?

Well, what I have right now is a pulled muscle. However, in 2011 I had a discectomy in my L5, they shaved off a portion of the disc that bulged into my sciatica. I too said no rods, nothing. The disc is degenerating and going to the chiropractor will help me keep aligned and perhaps prolong what will inevitably happen. There was pain there, a lot, but unlike what I feel with this. Perhaps I just don't remember.

The issue now doesn't need anything but continued care with ice and in my case I've chosen chiropractic care. If that fails, I'll do PT, but again, these folks seem to think I can drop $400-$500 a month on PT by sending me 3-4 times a week.

I do not have pins or needles at all. It appears to be muscular. There may be some nerve pain since it is radiating outward (in addition to up and down) but the primary focal point of pain is up and down.

On topic, Coke Zero.

Sorry to hear about back pain. I've been getting it more and more. We replaced our mattress which seems to have helped tremendously, but I still get it every now and then.

Drinking my Brett Bitter, primarily to test carb. Safe to say, I have carb. Should have given it a week of dry hops before I bottled it.

20150720_171725[1].jpg

Back