What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first Nugget Nectar of the year...finally got around to it. And it goes really well with banana-chocolate chip bars. Who knew?!

IMG_20150318_241842423.jpg

Coffee and painkillers(this time to ward off extreme boredom) waiting at immigration in 40c heat.

Wow, worked a double yesterday and never checked hbt... 260 post missed. Not good enough guys, surely Tuesday required more beer than that. Water, factory coffee soon.

So, the Bigfoot could stand a few years in the cellar. But being my birthday, is the best thing I've had all night! View attachment 264589

Happy Birthday!

Coffee. Got back home yesterday and was drained. Didn't help when I had to stand over my son for two hours to get him to do his writing assignment properly. :cross: No way I'm scrolling back for the last four days though - I will just assume much was consumed and a good time had by most. Carry on...

The same vendor had some off the wall stuff. Alligator, ostrich, buffalo, Carolina reaper pepper. Im not going to lie...I hurt for days after sampling the last one. That was ungodly

Buffalo sounds awesome! Not sure about gator. Maybe it tastes like chicken of the swamp? I wouldnt doubt you hurt after eating the worlds hottest pepper haha thats your own fault. Have you seen the guys company name thats grows those peppers? Haha classic.

Buffalo sounds awesome! Not sure about gator. Maybe it tastes like chicken of the swamp? I wouldnt doubt you hurt after eating the worlds hottest pepper haha thats your own fault. Have you seen the guys company name thats grows those peppers? Haha classic.

The gator was actually tender, more so than the stringy ostrich. The only thing I was dissapointed with was the chocolate truffles made with heavy seas beer. They were all out before I finally found their booth.

Happy birthday DC.

Hey, have you tried the Ranger Creek .36 Single Barrel bourbon? Saw a bottle at Specs yesterday and wondering if it's worth the extra $

The big bottle, no not yet. The price point is keeping me away. I believe that is a same as the smaller ones which are its quite tastey. Though the smaller ones are half the price of the big ones

I hear ya. The Rimfire was great, drinks like a nice scotch. I have a bottle of the regular .36 but haven't cracked it open yet. I don't drink enough bourbon to justify the single barrel version. Also thought it was odd they bottled that in 750s, but the regular ones are all in 375s.

That one is in a regular barrel the others are aged in smaller 10-15gal barrels. So big barrel big bottle kinda thing

Up early. Woke up at 4 and couldnt go back to sleep so i figured id do some work. The last two days we did absolutely nothing in Taos so I'm recharged and ready to rock, at least today haha.

No snowboarding?

Anyone been to The Collective Brewing Project in Ft Worth?
Thinking about checking it out tonight.

Water, coffee soon.

No snowboarding?

Anyone been to The Collective Brewing Project in Ft Worth?
Thinking about checking it out tonight.

Water, coffee soon.

Nope. Our stuff was here and we didnt want to ship it after we saw the weather. It was high 50's on the slopes all week.

Wait who's eating Buffalo?

Protein shake and water.

My family eats a lot of buffalo... makes great burgers.

Elk is much better, however. And Elk loin steaks are some of the best cuts of meat I've ever had.

Alligator tastes like chicken with hints of fish and a little more rubbery.

Squirrel tastes like fat little chunks of bacon.

Drinking full throttle.

My family eats a lot of buffalo... makes great burgers.

Elk is much better, however. And Elk loin steaks are some of the best cuts of meat I've ever had.

Alligator tastes like chicken with hints of fish and a little more rubbery.

Squirrel tastes like fat little chunks of bacon.

Drinking full throttle.

+1 to buffalo burgers. Good stuff

@Supervisingchildren I would pick up at least a bottle to sit on. It is like Founder's Rubius or whatever that was called. So it's on the sweeter side. I was in the mood for it though. I have one to sit on and I think the sweet may fade a bit if the fruit character fades. I think @chefrex mentioned buying two so he could cellar one. They weren't in great supply here, but another case came in so I got one.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY @tyzippers ! I have one SN BBABF as well, bought it at the brewery in NC. I decided to sit on it. I also bought the vertical of Bigfoot from 2009-2014. Glad you opened yours and said it could do with some time.

Coffee.
Last night I was so tired I fell asleep with pretty much a full glass of my beer in hand. What a mess. The cold on my legs and feet woke me, of course. No more sitting back on the couch holding my beer late at night. I can't be trusted. Times sure have changed though. 3 years ago if I or anyone did that I would have lost my ****.

I do that once a week. The trick is to at least make it halfway through the beer before sitting back.
:) I guess so. There was at least 10 ounces in the glass all over me, the couch, the fairly new white rug, and the table. Slippers were spared because it was warm...otherwise, I'd be trying to figure out how to get beer scent off those too.

Coff. Too windy to brew today.

Man up and make a shield.

Back