What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please tell me you haven't been leaving the bejeezuses in your beer!
:p

I must have been, I have never been able to see one. Maybe they are like unicorns and can only be seen by virgins, or some other state of being? Am I going to die as a result? I am scared. I ruined all of my beer havent I? I take it I have to dump this batch then.

Is it too late to get @Billy-Klubb to berry punch them out of the fermenting wort, or will the yeast suffer as a result?

Yeah but if your straw isn't long enough it can start to hurt unless you wrap your face with a damp towel. It isn't the worst thing in the world, just better to wait until it cools.

I wasn't going to blow on the straw, just let it pull air through. The science is good, straw going from right next to (or in) the dip tube and the other end to atmosphere. Straw would need to be much more narrow than dip tube.

We call those scum dogs.

If we bs enough, I bet @Remmy will appear.

More coffee with a side of the shakes while trying to figure out how to make a 3D representation of @Psylocide to have printed out. Thinking a SST piece would be easier.

I saved you some trouble... although, I had to censor it because I can only draw naked stick people.

d.png

I must have been, I have never been able to see one. Maybe they are like unicorns and can only be seen by virgins, or some other state of being? Am I going to die as a result? I am scared. I ruined all of my beer havent I? I take it I have to dump this batch then.

Is it too late to get @Billy-Klubb to berry punch them out of the fermenting wort, or will the yeast suffer as a result?

I think a BillyKlubb berry punch might work just fine. They'll already be inebriated from drinking the alcohol from your beer.

I wasn't going to blow on the straw, just let it pull air through. The science is good, straw going from right next to (or in) the dip tube and the other end to atmosphere. Straw would need to be much more narrow than dip tube.

You're using an IC or a plate chiller?

Oh weird. I just had to uninstall HBT from my phone. There was some system file taking up 7 GB of memory. Some file was called: comgcspublishinghomebre I couldn't see the rest on the screen of my phone was the culprit. Probably had to cache this thread. :D

What exactly do bejeezus's look like? How would one know when they are all out of the opening? Once de-bejeezused how do they get back in there, or is that why you added the living distinction? What happens if you dont get them all out? I am scared? I think my beer is infected with bejeezuses. Should I dump it?

This
images

How much actual work do yall get done in a day? Seems like everyone on here today has mentally checked out for the day. I have an excuse I'm at home today. If I owned a company and yall worked for me I would have all cell phones locked up in my office.

How much actual work do yall get done in a day? Seems like everyone on here today has mentally checked out for the day. I have an excuse I'm at home today. If I owned a company and yall worked for me I would have all cell phones locked up in my office.

Get back to work!

I'm stacked with meetings. Some require my attention, some do not as they only require me to be there as oversight. The one I'm on now requires my attention every few moments. In between stuffing my face with cheese and crackers.

I'd stick to aerating on the cold side, to be safe. Google hot side aeration and make your own determination. I think some people point to it as a potential myth, but I don't have anything to point you to specifically right now.

EDIT: Link: HSA Fact or Fiction

Some say its a horrible thing to do, some says its a myth on the homebrew scale. I asked a head brewer of tallgrass and he was on the myth side of the argument. I used to dump my hot wort into my BK and never saw any terrible off flavors, but now have the ability to not HSA and so try not to as much as possible. Might as well avoid it if its not a hassle.

I have about a month or two worth of busy work every quarter that I just finished yesterday. Now my work load will be low to none until the end of March. There are always small tasks or projects every day for clients that take a little time, but speaking with clients and helping my boss is about all I can do now. Dang!

I can't draw, or sit for 8 hours straight. The amount of work I get done has encouraged the bosses to not give a funk what I do otherwise.

Depends on what you consider work I suppose. Right now I'm 'burning' a USB installation image for ESXi 5.5 U2d while waiting for the vCenter OVA file to finish downloading. Then I'll be updating my lab server to try violating Apple's EULA by setting up an OS X image on non-Apple-labeled hardware.

Water.

Multi-tasking.

Review a supplier, spend a couple g's, check HBT, review a supplier, spend 100 g's, check HBT, review a supplier, spend $62, check HBT, repeat.

Keep the workload under control, keep everyone happy, keep prying eyes off.

I mentally check out for the day as soon as my eyes open in the morning.

i think i almost lost a contact in the back of my head, close call

if i hit my goals for the day i kinda slack off a bit, i usually hit my goals around 10 am- so i try and stay motivated as much as possible- except for 5% friday

coffee - half cafe

Thinking about making a 2.5 gallon simple batch with just 2-row, a little dme, and whole leaf Nugget hops, but melting snow to brew it. Would aerate as normal by blowing through straws into the cooled wort for about 30-40 minutes and then pitch US05.

How much snow do you think I would need?

Back