What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't think the vanilla and hops combo would work but it does. I'm digging it.

IMG_20150217_184748.jpg

Up to you. It tastes great and will warm you on the inside, but definitely a bit sweet due to lack of carbonation. If you decide to wait, I'd give it a swirl/shake and put it someplace warm for a while.

Sounds good. I'll give it a little swirl when I get back home. Planning to brew a quad in the next couple months, so debating if I should drink it as research. Maybe share it on brew day...

Portuguese floor corker. A 1x4 and 2x4 stacked on the bottle platform put it at perfect height. Then adjust the cork bolt all the way back to leave part out of bottle - only a little more work than capping.

Nice, thanks! Ive been looking at this one from Northern Brewer so I can also use Crooked STave bottles that arent very easy to cap with the double wing capper. Just wasnt sure what everyone else is using and you seem to do a lot of corking. I will look into that one, thanks!

capper.jpg

Thanks for all the congrats! Pretty stoked on all levels. More celebrating tonight. Maybe crack open a BCBS.

Almost time for last hop additions. Keg cleaned and tucked away. Just waiting to stick this thing in a snow bank to chill and walk to bar for a local beer.

Nice, thanks! Ive been looking at this one from Northern Brewer so I can also use Crooked STave bottles that arent very easy to cap with the double wing capper. Just wasnt sure what everyone else is using and you seem to do a lot of corking. I will look into that one, thanks!

That's what I have, only done one batch of C and Cs with it and worked well.
I'm sure with more practice it will get easier which reminds me I need to bottle, been busy;)

HB porter.

How long did it take for you guys to get your YOpener?

Finally decided on.....the bourbon.

I debated on that capper but went with this one since it seemed sturdier. It works great for the caps.

image.jpg

Wow simcoe smells amazing. First time using it. So excited for this.

Having a water. Almost time to hit the bar while this chills.

I know ive asked you before, but what corker do you use? Im planning to get one here soon so I can start bottling my saisons and sours with a cork/cage.

Congrats @wyobrewer1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also use the Portuguese floor corker. A bit pricy, but works great. Mine self adjusts so I can use all size bottles without making adjustments.

That's the one I have. Last bottling I did was a mix of 750/375 cork and 750/22/12 capped, easy-peasy. Saved $25 and shipping by ordering it through my LHBS and had it in 3 days.

That's the one I have. Last bottling I did was a mix of 750/375 cork and 750/22/12 capped, easy-peasy. Saved $25 and shipping by ordering it through my LHBS and had it in 3 days.

Is it easy to adjust the height? One review mentioned it was really difficult to do so. Maybe he is a pansy.

Back