What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know about you guys, but my vintage capper slays.

0217052004.jpg

0217052004a.jpg

Is it easy to adjust the height? One review mentioned it was really difficult to do so. Maybe he is a pansy.

The hardest part is getting the cork height set. I set the heights for all the different bottles I was using and marked the grooves before I started bottling and had no problems at all. The base plate tends to hang up in the grooves when changing heights, but nothing that a little tap wouldn't take care of.

Is it easy to adjust the height? One review mentioned it was really difficult to do so. Maybe he is a pansy.

The plate has a couple of nubs, I put it in a press and flattened them out a bit or a shot with a hammer would do it.
It's more stout then I imagined when I ordered it.

That is a carbon copy of my back up

My house was built in '63...one owner, the guy had passed long before the wife, and she passed shortly after we bought it. They left all the hand tools behind. Your guess is as good as mine as to the age of this thing.

0217052043.jpg

My house was built in '63...one owner, the guy had passed long before the wife, and she passed shortly after we bought it. They left all the hand tools behind. Your guess is as good as mine as to the age of this thing.

View attachment 257335

I actually use mine, don't own another. Broke a wing capper on my first batch and have used the old guys ever since. I have always done it that way, lots of old tools in my shop. Having a sandblast cabinet helps.

I actually use mine, don't own another. Broke a wing capper on my first batch and have used the old guys ever since. I have always done it that way, lots of old tools in my shop. Having a sandblast cabinet helps.

Luckily I have free access to a large sandblaster and powder coating setup, but I don't think I would ever refinish that thing. Pretty cool as is.

View attachment 257326

Only person in bar not wearing a mask. Who's weird now?

Big Ditch Brewing: Excavator rye brown ale

Did you at least bring some beads to the bar? :D

View attachment 257335

I'll say what @Bucknuts would say: Did you wash your hands afterwards? :eek:

Another pour.

Luckily I have free access to a large sandblaster and powder coating setup, but I don't think I would ever refinish that thing. Pretty cool as is.

I sandblasted enough to make mine move again as both were rusted stuck. Rubbed them down with keg lube to hold off rust and put them back to work. Just left the rust on the non working areas. Need to replace the wood base though, keep telling myself not to bother as it will find a permanent mount some day. Seems like a good time to show off my grain mill again. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1424228395.717812.jpg

Back