What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little Abbey Normal Brewing - Brett saison
View attachment 251366
Really tasty beer DC, get to work opening a Houston funky brewery.

Im inching towards it. Glad you liked it. Got a few more sours and bretts coming up soon. Resting after a long day pouring for a local brewery

Attachments

• 1422164250217.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 68
Went out with my pilot buddy that is moving to Denver tonight.

Lots of beer and an Irish Coffee before walking home in the fresh snow. At least there was no wind.

View attachment 251364
Mcbaumannerb's RIS. This is great. Like, really freakin great. Most recent commercial imperial stout I've had is Ivan and I'd drink this over an Ivan right now. Nice job man!

Thanks for the kind words and glad you liked it. I have one left now and am waiting for a quasi special time to have it.

On to coffee while cooking some sausage. A dipper overnight tonight followed by a bigger storm tomorrow night into Tuesday. might not make the trip to CT this week either. :)

Coffee and some Greek yogurt with steel cut oats (Chobani)...pretty good stuff. Some Italian pasta of some kind for lunch to celebrate Dad turning 88 on the 23rd. More than doubled the lifespan of his father. I doubt I'll be so fortunate...over 30 and fat. But I still have a great head of hair!

Coffee and some Greek yogurt with steel cut oats (Chobani)...pretty good stuff. Some Italian pasta of some kind for lunch to celebrate Dad turning 88 on the 23rd. More than doubled the lifespan of his father. I doubt I'll be so fortunate...over 30 and fat. But I still have a great head of hair!

LOL @ the hair part.

Water. Thinking that today is a lazy day. After I do my hair of course. :D

more cawfeh. just plain, regler, normal, evrideh cahwffeh. but I think I'm gonna finally bottle my 2nd carboy of my Over Blended Mess. the original part was brewed on 1-8-12 and fermented with Brett B and Roselare. before the last blend, it was sitting at approximately 14% ABV. I have no idea what's all in there anymore or what the ABV is. it's kinda funkilicious and that's all that matters.

View attachment 251442
In spite of all the bcjp style guidlines etc Taste remains an individual and very subjective thing and to my tongue this is the best IPA I've ever had. It has the perfect combination of hop bitterness, flavor and aroma. I love this beer.

BJCP style guidelines are for the birds. Individual taste is the best guideline to follow. Drink what you want, brew what you want. And if it just so happens to fall into a style guideline, ok. If not, so what.

BJCP style guidelines are for the birds. Individual taste is the best guideline to follow. Drink what you want, brew what you want. And if it just so happens to fall into a style guideline, ok. If not, so what.

I couldn't agree more.

Sample of my Over Blended Mess. It's @ 1.002.

IMG_20150125_115422504.jpg

Back