What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still have my patch from the klondike derby where we had to build our own sledge. I went to the jamboree once as well. Camped in this weather too, with 50M hike on top of that!

No, man...that is one of the only things I never got to experience. We couldn't afford some of the bigger things in our small troop. I think Iowa, for a NOAC was the furthest west we ever traveled.

That is a bummer. Philmont and Boundary Waters are the two best trips I have ever taken. Now you need to make sure you have a son (if you dont already) and make sure he can go and you be a leader on the trip. If a local troop is too small, you can also go with a larger troop willing to take you. Ours always took 4 or 5 guys from around the state that were interested.

That is a bummer. Philmont and Boundary Waters are the two best trips I have ever taken. Now you need to make sure you have a son (if you dont already) and make sure he can go and you be a leader on the trip. If a local troop is too small, you can also go with a larger troop willing to take you. Ours always took 4 or 5 guys from around the state that were interested.

I think it was also something I hadn't heard about until I was a little older and working on my Eagle project, so it wasn't a huge disappointment to me at the time. It is more of something I just wish I had pushed myself to do. I was always busy though, I was the archery director/bugler at a summer camp for a few years.

Hopefully I have a son... I don't even know what girls do. Dolls, or something? Funk that. My mother always wanted a daughter so if we have a girl, she can go stay with grandma until she has a job and stuff.

I'll toss out my vote for Seabase again. We also combined with one or two other troops to get the numbers for the trip.

Office coffee.

I agree with this. Philmont was amazing. I actually just found my belt from there the other day.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1420727311.281379.jpg
Airport coffee. At this place:
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1420727382.807345.jpg

:(

I agree with this. Philmont was amazing. I actually just found my belt from there the other day.

View attachment 247338
Airport coffee. At this place:
View attachment 247339

:(

Normally I'd agree that airport coffee is horrible. But when you are heading to warmer weather it makes it a lot more bearable!

I did the rocky mountain camp back in '84 (think that's what it was called).

Coff.

Nice write-up on the glassware! I'd already ordered a pair of the IPA glasses (to use up a gift card I had) and now I'm really stoked to get them!

More coffee. I'll have to stop after this one though since 80 ounces is my hard limit on coffee (that isn't blended with beer!)

Nice to see some scouts here, once I moved back to the city whenever someone mentions them, fellow company just laughs.

@tobyg Second that on the glassware write-up. I always wondered what the point was and ignorantly assumed it was just a pretentious thing beergeeks did. That being said, I have the Riedel Wheat Beer Glasses and just got the Spiegelau IPA Glass set for xmas.

Office coffee and annoying coworkers.

YLife scout here. I got a car, then kind of lost the interest. Lol. I was only about two merit badges and the project away from eagle. Had some great times camping though. We made it to Boone a couple of times. It's a great program and if I have a son would like them to be involved. Never made it to Philmont, but have a buddy in our troop go with some others. I also hadn't heard about it until I was older as well. Being a scout in Ft Lauderdale meant camping where it was miserably hot at night and the mosquitoes ate you alive. I'd love to go camping more often, in the winter here though.

Drinking oj now.

YLife scout here. I got a car, then kind of lost the interest. Lol. I was only about two merit badges and the project away from eagle. Had some great times camping though. We made it to Boone a couple of times. It's a great program and if I have a son would like them to be involved. Never made it to Philmont, but have a buddy in our troop go with some others. I also hadn't heard about it until I was older as well. Being a scout in Ft Lauderdale meant camping where it was miserably hot at night and the mosquitoes ate you alive. I'd love to go camping more often, in the winter here though.

Drinking oj now.

This was my experience too (getting a car). Plus none of my friends continued after cub scouts, so that hurt my chances of sticking with it.

I have two boys (1 and 2) and I hope they are interested in scouts down the road

I love how many in this group were and are involved with scouting. It was a very big part of my life. Imagine that, a group that promotes a can-do attitude and teaches boys how to become men that can feed themselves and not need mom or a wife to do it.... They crank out a lot of homebrewers. I don't see it making the merit badge lineup... But I would be willing to shoot for a fourth kid in hopes of a boy if it did.

McCoffee.

The national championship game will get 40-million viewers at peak before halftime. Once Oregon goes into the half with a 56-13 lead, I say 5 million watch the rest of the massacre.

Water. Gym time.

You are as wrong about this as you were about which game everybody wanted to see. When my Buckeyes win the National Championship Monday will you come on here and admit you were wrong? Or do you work for ESPN?
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1420732839.960580.jpg

I love how many in this group were and are involved with scouting. It was a very big part of my life. Imagine that, a group that promotes a can-do attitude and teaches boys how to become men that can feed themselves and not need mom or a wife to do it.... They crank out a lot of homebrewers. I don't see it making the merit badge lineup... But I would be willing to shoot for a fourth kid in hopes of a boy if it did.

McCoffee.

Maybe we didn't have a homebrewer merit badge but... some of the survival camps I did were pretty damn close. We would go to the mountains with a knife, emergency blanket and one piece from a mess kit and make some very fulfilling sustenance. I just can not understand what life would've been like without those experiences.

Coffee. Wading through piles of drawings like Scrooge McDuck through piles of gold.

McCoffee.

Homebrewing merit badge. That would be awesome. My eagle scout project would have been setting up a brewery for the less fortunate ;)

Another cup of coffee and watching the snow fall.

View attachment 1420733163598.jpg

You are as wrong about this as you were about which game everybody wanted to see. When my Buckeyes win the National Championship Monday will you come on here and admit you were wrong? Or do you work for ESPN?
View attachment 247349

Yes, I will admit it. Not that I'm worried about it since the Ducks are a lock.

And, no, I don't work for tEbowSPN.

I just built a trail and some benches. Brewery would have been a lot cooler.

Nice. My brother did swinging benches for hospice. My project was running a baby item drive for a local charity. I think I got 4 dump trucks full of clothes, swings, cribs, etc dropped off at the place. I actually drive past the place a few times per week since it's right by my work.

Nice. My brother did swinging benches for hospice. My project was running a baby item drive for a local charity. I think I got 4 dump trucks full of clothes, swings, cribs, etc dropped off at the place. I actually drive past the place a few times per week since it's right by my work.

I insulated the entire floor of a local church from the crawlspace. It was nasty, but ended up saving the church thousands of dollars in heating on a yearly basis.

@DisturbdChemist "Planning the next vacation.. I have Philly on the radar.. I want somewhere in the NE."

Come visit the falls, we have a lot of new breweries and stuff opening up ;)

I was in too, mostly for the camping, we had an awesome troop, went camping once a month, made first class and that was that.

Exact same experience I had. Made it to life just to keep the leaders off my back but getting eagle just seemed like a lot of homework. F that! I just wanna camp and burn stuff haha.

I swing by my project from time to time. My old troop still maintains it to an extent. It was supposed to be a place for grade school kids to do leaf hunts, or for dog walks, or really just a place to walk that is completely wooded in the middle of town. Teenagers use it to drink, do drugs, and screw. At least it serves a purpose.

I insulated the entire floor of a local church from the crawlspace. It was nasty, but ended up saving the church thousands of dollars in heating on a yearly basis.

@DisturbdChemist "Planning the next vacation.. I have Philly on the radar.. I want somewhere in the NE."

Come visit the falls, we have a lot of new breweries and stuff opening up ;)

That's a good project. If it was saving a thousand back then.... Imagine what it is saving them now! I need someone to do that to my house... But would rather someone build this needy guy a brewery.

Planning the next vacation.. I have Philly on the radar.. I want somewhere in the NE.

There's a pico (?) brewery in Plymouth meeting just outside philly that makes ok beer. Very small batches and very limited bottle runs, but they do occasionally wax their RIS :D ;)

Also, Baumann-Erbs Excellent Refreshment is right down the street...

I redid a pond for a local wildlands conservancy. Drained, relocated all the animals (mostly snapping turtles, haha), ripped out old liner, re-graded the bottom, new liner, refilled, replanted around edges. It was an educational site, so we put in ledges of various depths for viewing different plants/animals. Took all damn summer, but end product was worth it.

Exact same experience I had. Made it to life just to keep the leaders off my back but getting eagle just seemed like a lot of homework. F that! I just wanna camp and burn stuff haha.

LOL! Come to think of it, we would do a **** ton of engineering and chopping down trees all day Saturday to build the fire for Saturday night. These things were enormous works of art usually 6 feet tall (log cabins) or taller (we had a tee pee go up to about 12 feet). It was funny, you couldn't sit within 15 feet of those things they burned so hot.

When packing for a trip, I still think in my head "Always be prepared".

I did get involved with Order of the Arrow when I got older and even got my first bars... No idea what that's called these days. We did get to sleep in a pretty authentic tee pee which was the greatest thing ever because you can stay warm next to the fire inside and it can be raining and cold outside.

There's a pico (?) brewery in Plymouth meeting just outside philly that makes ok beer. Very small batches and very limited bottle runs, but they do occasionally wax their RIS :D ;)

Baumann-Erbs Excellent Refreshment is a must hit as well as some wax RIS bottles lol. Right now I think I'll hit philly too meet all you drunks up there. I'll be diving around and heading to a few spots outside the city. Also see the sites of course just need to research what ya'll have. :rockin: :fro:

You mean esecpn ?

Oregon is going to @bucknuts all over the university formerly known as Ohio State.

Water.

Saw two idiots at work arguing over who was at the treadmill first. Good thing none of those skinny ****s touch weights as I can't live with an over-crowded gym full of idiots.

Planning the next vacation.. I have Philly on the radar.. I want somewhere in the NE.

No offense to anyone that actually lives in Philly. But that's the last place I'd go on vacation to (or through) in the United States. Followed by Detroit. :tank:

Touring those two is on my bucket list. :D :p
I have had the beer from Baumann-Erb and must say it's delicious.

Can't wait to visit you. Oh, wait. You live in Philly. :p

I just avoid the bad parts of philly aka wobrien and marks house :D. Why wont you go to philly?

I've never been to a worse ghetto than Philly. Not all of Philly is bad but you never know when you're surrounded by the 'hood. The thing is, if @wobrien can survive there, anyone can. :D

You might be good, though, as Pennsylvania honors your TX CCW permit. :off:

I've never been to a worse ghetto than Philly. Not all of Philly is bad but you never know when you're surrounded by the 'hood. The thing is, if @wobrien can survive there, anyone can. :D

You might be good, though, as Pennsylvania honors your TX CCW permit. :off:

I do not have a CCW yet. I'm going to research where to go and not to go. i'll more than likely stay outside the city and travel in to a few places. Most i want to go is outside downtown right now. Of course i want to see the history there too

Back