What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boulevard Saison Brett 2014. Had to do a continuos pour do preserve dregs for my unintentional sour. Poured that straight into the sour bucket. I think this sour may be good.

Pic.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414088953.713757.jpg
Hydro sample of sour.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414088969.862484.jpg

I like the color in that! Do you have your unintentional sitting on fruit of some kind?

Yeah. Blackberry. It was made with a special yeast from Yeast bay. Harvested from blueberries. I used a jenky can opener for the blackberry purée which I think caused the lacto infection. I am excited. It's at 1.004 but I just tossed in those Brett dregs and will check it in 3-4 months.

I know you're smart, but I'm not going to float my refractometer. :D

Mine always sinks. I swear I can never get the sink or float science experiment to work. Had a floating rock too. You cant win.

Dr. Pepper. Brain is not behaving today. Coworkers arent behaving today. Work in general is not behaving today. Need the sugar and caffeine

Refractometer question. Mine works great as long as I measure boiling wort. As soon as the wort cools the readings get all jacked up. If I put room temp water on it it measures 1.000. So I just use my hydrometer still. Am I using my Refractometer wrong?

Sitting at the Dr office with a miserable 34 week pregnant SWMBO drinking a water. I wish I was at work :D

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Refractometer question. Mine works great as long as I measure boiling wort. As soon as the wort cools the readings get all jacked up. If I put room temp water on it it measures 1.000. So I just use my hydrometer still. Am I using my Refractometer wrong?

Sitting at the Dr office with a miserable 34 week pregnant SWMBO drinking a water. I wish I was at work :D

The refractometer is less temperature sensitive. Plus it uses very little fluid and should cool off fairly quickly. So, boiling or not it should not have change. Next time give the cooled wort a mix and take. The sugars might have settled in the pot so the liquid on top has less sugar. Alcohol does mess with it but there are calculators online you can correct it. I usually just do a hydrometer to take that reading and to have a little drink.

I have noticed that it does change slightly with temperature. When I wait for it to cool on there it normally goes up a degree plato or so. Correct readings should be done around 70*.

Water. Holy **** after watching all these videos about meetings I need some synergy or coffee to get through the rest of the work experience. Also so glad I don't work in the corporate world. I know why my dad drank so heavily when he used to get home from work now.

Upload fail so you don't get to see a picture of the heady topper I am drinking now.

You took all those "borish palate" comments in a positive way? Like it was constructive criticism? We're all different I guess because I took them way different. I was thinking of the term someone used on here relating to head wear for the posterior.

My worldwide beer experience is limited, so it was a fair statement. Older i get the less personal i take comments.

Ten fidy goes with even the LPGA. 3rd beer today after sweet stout and simcoe IPA.

1414102003253.jpg

1414102021503.jpg

1414102038599.jpg

Still not sold on my apfelwein (like my fancy stemware?) but my house is all torn apart, leaving my beer shrine our temporary family kitchen, so I need some hooch.

1414102350585.jpg

View attachment 231242
Tastes like a Maine Beer Co beer

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I had such a great lifting session today, I couldn't NOT have beer. Yep, that's the excuse.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414103023.820959.jpg

There's also no way I couldn't go to-to-toe with coldcrash on a Thirsty Thursday.

Back