What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
testing testing. @Riot berry punch!

My first B-K berry punch, I am ####ing honoured. To hell with my 5 am alarm, whiskey is my friend.

1413851476475.jpg

View attachment 230756

It's flocking sweet. Boo.

Edit... Unflocking sweet. As in not enough flocking took place. Swmbo loves it but compares it to cherry.... Which I hate.

With that I will yield judgement and just say not for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

So what exactly is a double dba.. like a quad ba? I'm trying to figure the label out

Ahhh, that's better. Fortnight Porter...no head, but carb is good. Not aggressive, but good. Roasted grain up front and then a pleasant bitterness. Goes great with a soft molasses cookie!

DSC05966.jpg

So what exactly is a double dba.. like a quad ba? I'm trying to figure the label out

I don't really get it either. They call it a barrel aged imperial special bitter. On the box. They have a novel about how it came to be. I think it sucks and an ice cream cone is more bitter.

I have another in the fridge, but I'm not going to drink it. I'll give it to @billyklub in 11 years for a side by side with an aged BL

Onto my brett'd saison. Don't let bucknuts see my new taster
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413852807.307098.jpg

I don't really get it either. They call it a barrel aged imperial special bitter. On the box. They have a novel about how it came to be. I think it sucks and an ice cream cone is more bitter.

Interesting. After striking out on the Firestone Walker special releases, I hunted one of those down this year since this is its last release. Got lucky and found one and a stickee monkee the beer manager at the store had been holding on to. Not sure what to expect with the DDBA or how long I'll sit on it before opening.

Interesting. After striking out on the Firestone Walker special releases, I hunted one of those down this year since this is its last release. Got lucky and found one and a stickee monkee the beer manager at the store had been holding on to. Not sure what to expect with the DDBA or how long I'll sit on it before opening.

I like to sit on mine for 25-35 minutes. it takes a little longer for my narrow butt to warm anything up.

Having my 2nd Lagunitas IPA. Not special enough for a pic. Still damn good though. Havnt had it in awhile. Great go to IPA.

I have another in the fridge, but I'm not going to drink it. I'll give it to @billyklub in 11 years for a side by side with an aged BL

Onto my brett'd saison. Don't let bucknuts see my new taster
View attachment 230770

oh boy that does look fragile. I have a sad/ridiculous BUCKNUTS mishap that may take the cake lol.
I was finished brewing and cleaning up and I had a tulip half full of beer and I still needed to carry the 7 gallons of wort in to the house which required 2 hands. I decided it would be a good idea to just clench my teeth around the rim of the glass and carry the fermenter in to the house to save a trip. Needless to say when I raised up with the fermenter it was damn heavy causing me to bite down hard and the glass shattered in my mouth. I should stop getting drunk when I brew bad things happen when I do.:drunk:

Nothing about it screamed bad.... But it was really sweet. With the discription and lack of a "style" considered, it might be great beer to somebody. There was an alcohol warmth but to me it tasted like it needed yeast and an airlock. Ymmv.

Wow, this is an amazing beer. I think it pushes Lagunitas Maximus out of my top 3 IPA's.

1413854329174.jpg

oh boy that does look fragile. I have a sad/ridiculous BUCKNUTS mishap that may take the cake lol.

I was finished brewing and cleaning up and I had a tulip half full of beer and I still needed to carry the 7 gallons of wort in to the house which required 2 hands. I decided it would be a good idea to just clench my teeth around the rim of the glass and carry the fermenter in to the house to save a trip. Needless to say when I raised up with the fermenter it was damn heavy causing me to bite down hard and the glass shattered in my mouth. I should stop getting drunk when I brew bad things happen when I do.:drunk:

Ooph. Got any pics? Makes me think of the scene from beerfest where the German eats the mug after finishing the beer. Haha

I was talking about aging a beer, not your wintertime pre-masterbatorial rituals. ;)

Hey hey hey. We all have airlocks to attend to. Putting our hands on it is the only startup ritual. If we had more time than that we would just be nicer to our wives.

I have the hiccups and wish there was a drink to report.

Latest posts

Back